Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Monastic feedback

In addition to Jayantha, a samanera, are there other soon-to-be monastics, monks or former monks on this site? As a recent addition to the site, I wondered.

Earthninja

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I believe @thenovicemonk41 was ordaining this month at Sravasti Abbey?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

and @genkaku is Zen....

• mmommo Veteran

Maybe nuns also? I am not one, but it will be interesting to hear from someone with monastic devotion.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

There are no nuns on the forum... as far as I am aware. Tibetan nuns are a-plenty, but i dont think we have been either graced or honoured with a visit (however long).

Theravada nuns..... let's not go there..... :D

Bunks
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran

@Dhammika said:
    In addition to Jayantha, a samanera, are there other soon-to-be monastics, monks or former monks on this site? As a recent addition to the site, I wondered.

Not sure if it's okay to promote other sites, but if you want to interact with monastics online, here are some resources:

Zenshinmmo

I wouldn't classify this as 'promoting'. It's just offering specific information, and therefore, not 'spamming'.

There's a difference. No problem, @Invincible_summer ... :)

ZenshinInvincible_summerVastmindmmo
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

^^^ Awesome + insightful.

Straight_Man
  • Thank you, Jayantha.

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

@Vastmind said:
    ^^^ Awesome + insightful.

Indeed, seconded.