Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Schools

ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

Is there a list anywhere of the comparisons of the major schools of Buddhism? I've been focused on the very basics of all of this, and I find that just grasping meditation and mindfulness and accepting the four noble truths and the noble eightfold path is where I'm at now.

Sorry if this sounds a bit scattered.

How important is it to follow a specific school? There is just a loose gathering of Buddhists in my area, nothing too official. Just a few people who sit together, trade books, and do that loving-kindness thing that all the cool kids are doing.

Comments

• ShimShim Veteran

Here's one site where you can find some information. Also, a comparison between Theravada and Mahayan and good old Wikipedia.

I hope you find what you are looking for! :smile:

ajhayes
  • ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

I don't know why I didn't think of Wikipedia. Clearly my brain is not working today.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

You have a brain...?! Luxury!! :lol:

ajhayesInvincible_summer