Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

"zazen"

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Passed along in email:

WalkerlobsterRodrigoBunksCinorjerpommesetorangesrootsWill_BakersovafedericaSpoogle

Comments

• Luvvly <3

Reminds me of part of the settling that happens to me at the moment. Almost like a spool of acetate film slowing down frame by frame ...

However my rippling is going the other way ...

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Oooh, trippy.

WalkerlobsterVastmindShoshin
  • Aaaaakk!
    That thing is weird! I love it!

If the barber-pole effect went the other direction, would it look like the wicked witch melting?

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Is it a Terminator? ;)

Shoshinrohit
  • This is great! So pleasing to see representations in art that really show practical experience of meditation.. obviously the original piece would not have been animated.

Thanks for the post..its actually what made me register for the forum..

Cheers

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited September 2015

Thanks for the post..its actually what made me register for the forum..

@MichaelMasoEllis -- There are all sorts of solemn and imaginative and beautiful and 'mystical' and 'important' fields of artistry associated with Buddhism. But if you put them all into a bag and added a couple of bucks, it would still only get you a bus ride.

Sorry to say so, but Buddhism requires work. It is not a spectator sport.

lobster
  • Yep, hard, serious work.

federicaSpoogle
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

^^ ...That was my Fb profile pic for a while.... It made a lot of people laugh....

Cinorjer
  • @genkaku said:
    Sorry to say so, but Buddhism requires work. It is not a spectator sport.

Lol why be sorry to say that!? Its true.. it is damn hard work but phew what a blessing..

Why did you post the sitting figure?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

To nauseate us... well it worked for me! :D

lobster
  • What that zen garden cartoon needs is a cat right at the edge of the sidewall, walking out.

CinorjersilverVastmindWalker