Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is ignorance a game?

What games we play ...

When the Buddha looked at the people around him, he noticed they were all enlightened just not awake to the fact. Ignorance, clinging and skhandas had obscured their pristine and pure nature. Oh!

In effect the Buddha decided that the acquisition and development of mind states, which he had excelled at, was effectively, useless. Training was a form of spiritual glamour.

Look at me, sitting with my monkey mind. Look at me, starved meself silly, I must be sincere. Hey I can quote the vedas/sutras and therefore I know what I am talking about. I had this mantra whispered by the secret Buddha of the Himalayas and . . .

. . . games . . .

I have mine. You will have yours. What is your game?

silverEarthninjaEvenThirdCinorjer

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I'm an ace at clinging...boy, I'm sure glad the Buddha dude decided to stop starving himself stupid. :glasses:

Earthninjayagr
  • Sometimes I can see a finish line. I don't know if it's the finish line, but it is real and all I need to do is let go. And I don't.

But I do come here and talk about wanting it when really, I want to want it.

How much more would I do, and just as importantly, how much less...if I really wanted it now.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited September 2015

"Mind watching" I like to Just sit and watch the mind games as they unfold .... I no longer participate, nowadays I've taken on more of a spectator role ....(Well at times for a while I might get a little taken away and join in some games, but not on a serious level :) )

silver
  • Well said @yagr

In a sense we have to be very serious with a light touch. We have to grab truth and shake it into submission emptiness ...

One of the great masks of the dharmakaya are the wrathful yidams of tantra ... and even life the universe and everything ...

So my game is like the Sufis, to 'Increase in Love', which sounds very noble, obvious or 'my little pony' new agey but I feel it is a worthy game ...

For example last night my new neighbours were partying into the night. Extending love to the noise was more effort than enjoying this mornings peace. I have a preference but not always a choice ...

Game On!

silverLionduck
  • @yagr said:
    Sometimes I can see a finish line. I don't know if it's the finish line, but it is real and all I need to do is let go. And I don't.

But I do come here and talk about wanting it when really, I want to want it.

How much more would I do, and just as importantly, how much less...if I really wanted it now.

There are no finish lines. There are, however, many grand transient castles along the way. When we arrive at one, we are able to rest and refresh and we may say, "Ah, at last!" But when the transient castle vanishes, we see that we have a long way yet to go and start heading along the path again.

I don't see ignorance as a game. However, I have seen some folks who seem to feel otherwise. :3
    The "game", as I see it, is to enjoy the journey and enable as many others as I can to enjoy their journey(s) as well.

I was going to blather on, but right now, my bed is a very inviting transient castle. <3

Peace to all

yagrlobsterJeffrey
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

'Night!

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

My game is just to explore and have fun while doing the least amount of harm I can.

BunksJeffreylobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited September 2015

I feel that @ourself is offering an insightful aim. In one sense we have to stop being bothersome to ourselves and others. Only then can we move from ahimsa to the path of doing good.

Many of us are on the path of the overly sentimental, patched over rainbow dharma or other frothing ...

Kindness can be hard ... and a softening. Tread softly, the sleepers will be undisturbed and the path clear ...

What fun! <3

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

Oh no, not the Mahayana reference again. :P
    Sales people are the same the world over

<3

lobster
  • :p
    ^^^ Sorry removed the Mahayana reference from my post :3

Roolz? Nah ... o:)

Earthninja