Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Level up, Buddha!

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
edited November 2015 in General Banter

I game...but I'm not hardcore. No violence......anyway, as I've said before...Time Management is my style. Well, Adjua and I have been waiting for the new release of our favorite series...Emily (Delicious) . I had a coupon code, so yesterday, I got it. Yeah! Long story short...one of the characters is sick and needs a plant from a Monastery(TB). For 15 levels, the backdrop and all game play theme was Monks at a Monastery.. Serving them....ringing bells...making beads.....all the sights and sounds were beautiful! Can't wait to go back and do those bonus rounds I skipped...hahahaha. I was tickled, as you can tell. Kofi does some skate games and race car games with nice Temple backdrops, the graphics these days hahaha....

What is your favorite Temple/Monastery/Buddha backdrop in a game?

Bunks

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Sure it does ;)

• MetaphasicMetaphasic NC, USA Explorer

I no longer game due to stroke, arthritis and bad eyes. However, there is one really awesome game in which no battle takes place and no speech is ever spoken. It is called "The Journey", and was really beautiful. I had to watch the walkthrough myself, but if you get a chance, you should play it. There is a lot of symbols in it that I liked.

Earthninja
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

I don't think I have one, but if I did then it would probably be in a fighting game.

dantepw
  • I'm amused by my complete cluelessness -- I have NO idea what these descriptions mean! A part of our culture, I guess, in which my deficiency is truly perfect.

VastmindEarthninja
    edited November 2015

Still lovin the game....I can't move on bec I keep getting caught giving the trainee Monks alcohol ....hahaha :3 ..... Seriously...it's harder than it looks......I'm busy bunching incense and the meditating Monks keep wanting the bell rang....and I keep missing the certain robe colors that identify the Trainees that walk up and ask for a drink....so...yeah....the passed out bunch on the steps of the Temple are my guys....hahaha.

• I love this community, in one post we are contemplating the meaning of life and in the other one talking about gaming - always respectful and peacefully :)

Props to you, guys!

And ok, back to the question... I have never heard about any games related to Buddhism, what would you suggest me? I am into game development & gaming as well!

WalkerEarthninjabookwormVastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2015

Isn't 'The Game of Life' enough....? Honestly, I have never played, nor been tempted to play any computer games... oh, hang on... tell a lie....I did once.... It was this one.....

Vastmind

@dantepw ....I hadn't heard of any either....that's why I was pumped to see this one was. ...in the OP, i said backdrop...most of us I think have seen Temple backdrops, but thats about it. One of our admins/owners did a piece awhile back though, in relation...here it is .....

http://newbuddhist.com/article/the-buddhist-video-game-breaks-conventions

Our sister site is a gamer bunch.....so....The thread here might have been far reaching, hahaha....but, hey, everyone's into something and I'm all about inclusion. :mrgreen:

• ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran
    edited December 2015

Hmmmm....interesting...Thanks @Lonely_Traveller

Buddhist mmorpg :

Tantra Online is a free-to-play fantasy MMORPG from JoyImpact and HanbitSoft loosely based on and inspired by Hindu and Buddhist mythology. The game allows players to select from eight classes with several sub-classes, and go on quests and fight to level up. Players can pledge allegiance to one of three deities, Brahma, Vishnu, or Shiva, unlocking special skills unique to that deity's followers, as well as setting up an ongoing battle between all three factions. In addition to three-way faction PvP, there were also solo and guild battle modes available.

-- http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/170/Tantra-Online.html

• Oh well, back to the chocolate and cookies...

Vastmind
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

I recently remembered that I do actually have a favorite temple backdrop in a video game, its in a cherished childhood game of mine called the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, and the temple is simply called The Temple of Time.