Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

And Practice Makes...............

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

From what "I" gather (in the conventional sense) when one is doing the 'right' thing regarding Dharma practice, the results are a more cooperative five aggregates working together in harmony, and where the acceptance of what "is" just "is" and ones life begins to flow smoothly. less stress, that is: shit still happens but one no longer walks or wallows in it....In other words one sees it for what it is, transient ....

"Transient alas are all component things-subject are they to birth death and then decay-From birth to death the life flux swings-bliss truly dawns when unrest dies away"

I guess in a nutshell, having 'faith' in the Dharma means learning to let go and just go with the flow and not against it....

Alan Wallace nutshell's the Dharma :)

So in the 'conventional sense' what does it mean for you to practice the Dharma ?

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited December 2015

@Shoshin
    What does it mean for you to practice the Dharma ?

Offering the arising, living and departing of
    whatever I see, hear, smell, taste, feel or think,
    free passage beyond my identity's agenda.

Shoshin
  • What does it mean for you to practice the Dharma ?

To Live each day.
    To live each night.
    To Appreciate life, warts and all.

Peace to all

Shoshinlobster
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Practice makes life a bit more aware and an aware life takes practice.

All I expect from practice is death.

BunksShoshin
  • In the 'conventional sense', for me the one practical teaching that stands out isn't even "Buddhist". The only thing to discard is the believe in an all powerful almighty God.

ShoshinlobsterBunks
  • @Shoshin said:
    I guess in a nutshell, having 'faith' in the Dharma means learning to let go and just go with the flow and not against it....

It depends where you are in relationship to the dharma.
    On the bank of the stream it flows past us and we observe but prefer the 'solidity' of our existence.

Then we may dangle our feet, feeling in control, cooling the heat of the day.

When we finally become 'stream entrants', we find we always were flowing with lifes stream of ups and downs.

http://www.khandro.net/animal_fish.htm

Shoshin
  • GuiGui Veteran

what does it mean for you to practice the Dharma ?

No thing.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

....As in nothing special

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

And practice makes progress.

That's it.

Shoshin
  • bookwormbookworm U.S.A. Veteran

To produce wholesome states.

Shoshin