Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I've Been Thinking......Does Thought Know It's Thinking ?

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

..And if thought doesn't know...Then who or what is it that knows ?

Food for thought...A penny for yours ?

Thinking at work

Comments

• In the higher sense, thinking is not the same as knowing.

Knowing is more akin to awareness without object. Thinking is an object in the way of Knowing.

EarthninjaShoshin
  • EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

Thoughts don't think themselves, they are not aware. You can be aware even without thoughts.
    And when thoughts arise, there is awareness of them.
    Awareness, consciousness, the brain. Is aware of thoughts. But not separate from them.

Shoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Too much time on your hands, @Shoshin?
    My thoughts are thinking that over-thinking is thinking too much about thinking and whether thoughts think that thinking is over-thinking, or not, I think someone's thinking just for the sheer boredom of having nothing better to think about.

Jeesh.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@federica said:
    Too much time on your hands, @Shoshin?
    My thoughts are thinking that over-thinking is thinking too much about thinking and whether thoughts think that thinking is over-thinking, or not, I think someone's thinking just for the sheer boredom of having nothing better to think about.

Jeesh.

"I" have all the time in the world and plus some, thinking's just a hobby, a pastime, so "I" thought what better way to spend time than wasting other people's illusion of time by making thoughts think ... and it did the trick..so it would seem . :lol:

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2015

"I" get fed up with reading so much banal drivel. It's my job to monitor the forum, and it really grips my doodah when a large quantity of posts are just put there because evidently, the poster can't think of anything else to do, but waste my time.

lobster
This discussion has been closed.