Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dear Mr @SpinyNorman...C/- NewBuddhist Forum

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited December 2015 in General Banter

Dear Mr @SpinyNorman,
Just to let you know, I've sacrificed most of my free time over these holidays, going to the beach and sitting in the summer sun, on golden sands (on your behalf I might add) patiently observing the waves and wakes of passing boats in the hope of spotting dolphins...And at times it's been so hot, that I've had to cool off in the ocean.... Occasionally I might read a little Dharma text to pass the time, but I'm always vigilantly attentive to any unusual break in the oceans surface, with my trusty phone camera at the ready ...

I have sacrificed a lot to be on dolphin watch duty, and I hope you will appreciate the sacrifice I am making, by sending me a big tub of icecream (special delivery ) so I can pack into my chilly bin and take with me on my next dolphin watch duty at the beach, which no doubt will be tomorrow...No rest for the wicked :)
Your sincerely
Shoshin (The one who has gone out of her way for the good of others, she as sacrificed heaps-but somebody's got to do it...) :)

PS here is proof of my sacrifice-I took this whilst stopping for a breath on the path back to the car (exhausted I might add), after spending 3 hours in the sun and surf on dolphin watch duty...

WalkerVastmindpegembarabookwormpommesetorangesCinorjerKundo

Comments

• Thank you! We need more hard working Buddhists. Hope @SpinyNorman appreciates your efforts ...

I am awaiting the birds singing to the nearly full moon. Without such help who is there to point a finger ... and sing ...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The moon you currently observe is a gibbous waning moon. It was a full moon on Christmas night. Therefore it is not 'nearly' full.... it is 'recently' full.

In case you were unaware.

Or perhaps, even if you were.....

• "Summer" + "Christmas" does not compute.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Dakini said:
    "Summer" + "Christmas" does not compute.

It is weird!

I didn't realise how weird until I spent Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere.

I reckon we should celebrate Christmas down here on June 25th but not sure it'll catch on!

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited December 2015

Talk about mad dogs and English men go out in the midday sun...
    Yesterday whilst finishing dolphin watch duty for Mr @SpinyNorman , an English guy turned up and plonked himself down a few metres from where I was...Fresh off the plane from Pommyland, he was so white I had to put my progressive glasses on to actually see him against the white sand...
    He asked me what was the best time to be at the beach, he had heard about the ozone issue in this part of the world...
    I told him the best times of day are early morning before 11am and then late afternoon after 3pm , in between those times it can be quite dangerous especially for fair skin people like himself...(It was around 12.30)
    I'm not sure if he was going to heed my advice, as I was leaving he was putting more sun block on...
    If I had returned half an hour later no doubt I would have found a @lobster in the spot where he had been lying :)

WalkerBunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

mmmmmm....goody goody gum drops ice cream! That alone is a good enough reason to.visit NZ.

Shoshin

@Bunks said:
    mmmmmm....goody goody gum drops ice cream! That alone is a good enough reason to.visit NZ.

When I ask my sons who live overseas what they would like from NZ, they request Pineapple lumps - Whittaker's chocolate and Mallow puffs they are what they miss the most about NZ... :)

@SpinyNorman said:

Well done, my sister, you have now completed the preliminary practice of dolphin watching and have developed the patience to undertake the next stage of your training, the Tantric Triad of Neapolitan. I have consulted with the Dairy Lama during his tea-break at Tesco, he has agreed you are now ready to join the CIC ( Church of Ice-cream ).
    Once you have completed the Tantric Triad of Neapolitan you will ready for The Pristine Purity of Vanilla. "Three becomes one, and then two becomes one" as the Dairy Lama is fond of saying....
    I understand it is very hot in the colonies, but you might find it helpful to spend more time in the freezer section of your local supermarket, this will bring you closer to the object of devotion and also be an opportunity to cool off. The Dairy Lama often sits in the freezer cabinets at Tesco, he says it brings him closer to Cod.

Dear Mr @SpinyNorman ,
    Thank you for your kind words and advICE , however I went to seek counsel with the wise old Cow, at the local Zen centre (in the Dairy section of the temple known as 'Countdown') I was hoping to gain spiritual wisdom by milking her for all she was worth , but instead all I got out of the old cow was ......

Moo(Mu) Could this have been a cryptic message ? or was it Nothing special.... :)

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Bunks said:

@Dakini said:
    "Summer" + "Christmas" does not compute.

It is weird!

I didn't realise how weird until I spent Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere.

I reckon we should celebrate Christmas down here on June 25th but not sure it'll catch on!

June 22nd so I can celebrate my birthday too. But so long as that's not the day Collingwood (BOO) play the Swans (YAY)

:awesome:

Bunks
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Bunks said:

@Bunks - I had no idea you'd worked on Home & Away :lol:

• And a **HAPPY MOO YEAR **to y'all too.

Shoshinlobster

@Lionduck said:
    And a **HAPPY MOO YEAR **to y'all too.

Four hours and ten minutes to go...I'll be fast asleep by then :)