Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

AM "I" PSYCHO ?

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited December 2015 in General Banter

No really.... "I" exhibit all the signs of a PSYCHO

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I've known it all along, dearie.....

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@federica said:
    I've known it all along, dearie.....

It takes one to know one dearie :wink:

Well it would seem this psycho physical phenomenon that makes up "I" is in a state of constant flux and the world that "I" inhabit is one of illusion, ie, "distortion of perception" ....

• EarthninjaEarthninja Wanderer West Australia Veteran

It's ok, we are all completely insane. We talk to ourselves through thoughts, we are completely self interested in a self that doesn't exist.
    And as a species we are destroying everything. Including ourselves. :)
    I'd say that is psychotic behaviour. Except everyone else does it so we call it normal

ShoshinWalker
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited December 2015

I'd say that @Earthninja's statement about us destroying everything isn't quite accurate - more on that later.....I was just watching a Netflix show called Wildest India - great series - and it was showing India farmers plowing their fields using elephants that they had tamed, and mentioned that elephants - like apes and men - are self-aware. I thought that was interesting! Another segment about the Ganges, said that in spite of all the pollution man and beast insulted the Ganges with, scientists have discovered unique healing properties of this river that justifies the worship that man bestows upon it. What I can see about the difference between India culture and say other industrialized ones is India's reverence for ALL life - even though it seems odd to us how they go about it, but for me, what this has to do with the topic of this thread is that no matter what man may do, he is never going to be big enough to destroy all - unless he does. Um...sorry about that ramble. :3

Hmm...maybe I just proved the point about 'I' being psycho. :scream:

ShoshinEarthninja

Point taken @silver :wink:

silver
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@Shoshin said: No really.... "I" exhibit all the signs of a PSYCHO

You don't run a motel by any chance? ;)

ShoshinEarthninja
    edited December 2015

@SpinyNorman said:

@Shoshin said: No really.... "I" exhibit all the signs of a PSYCHO

You don't run a motel by any chance? ;)

Yes and it just so happens "I"ve got a room that's just become vacant @SpinyNorman :winky:

Earthninja
    edited December 2015

The Dairy Lama said he would like to run retreats at your motel, but he wants a discount because of your unusual "hobby". ;)
    He was asking if you have any chest freezers that aren't already "occupied"?

Shoshin

Sign me up!
    @silver I'm interested to see when you say we are not destroying this planet XD
    Global warming, deforestation, species becoming extinct, over population, wars over resources...
    We haven't learnt in 50000 years. And our guns are getting bigger.
    I would say we are psycho. Lol

@Earthninja said: I would say we are psycho. Lol

I think Keanu Reeves had the right idea:

Earthninja

@SpinyNorman @silver

Agent Smith classified the human race. Lol

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Instead of practicing with whatever it is I've got, I think I'll just sit around pretending that I can adjudge myself "psycho," and thereby assert some sane (and controlling) aspect that can see this crazy landscape from a comforting distance. Sometimes my 'wisdom' leaves even me breathless.

Not happier, mind you, or more at peace, but oh-so-savvy.

lobster

We all need a check-up-from-the-neck-up, our lifts don't go all the way to the top and we're definitely one sandwich short of a picnic, tee hee...

silverShoshinEarthninja
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    We all need a check-up-from-the-neck-up, our lifts don't go all the way to the top and we're definitely one sandwich short of a picnic, tee hee...

Mm yes, insightful AND funny! Sometimes we humanz are delightfully insane ... barking mad! (gawd, I love that phrase!) Otherwise, there would be no AFHV! And what a tragedy THAT would be! O.o

I used to have a cat called "Barking". She was, too. ;)

• Should you happen to ask for a room at the Bates Motel be sure to avoid Norman Bates when he is on duty.

Shoshin
  • No. But I am and it is just a health condition you learn to live with.

Shoshin
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    No. But I am and it is just a health condition you learn to live with.

Your not a Psychopath however @Jeffrey , You suffer from a psychotic disorder which is completely different. As do I. Personally I find the term Psycho offensive but I'll let it ride this time.

lobsterVastmind

@Jeffrey I am made up of the five aggregates Psycho meaning consciousness-perception-sensation- mental formation Physical/form body
    I am a psycho-physical phenomenon Psycho being the mental aspects of my being...
    Sadhguru makes an interesting point regarding our psycho aspects , for example when one is worried about something.....It would seem that we all live with a socially accepted level of insanity...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2015

I am informed by someone in the know, that every single human being, by virtue of having a developed brain, has certain tendencies, characteristics and attributes which could be said to be medically-diagnosable mental afflictions.
    However, they are insufficiently developed or manifest, to be clinically-assessed as 'problematic'.

I know, for example, that my H has narcissistic qualities, and a passive-aggressive attitude in some situations. But it's not adequately manifest to label him a 'Passive-Aggressive Narcissist.' I have some minor psychopathic tendencies and am OCD in some quarters. But again, the characteristics are way below the 'level' required for a diagnosis to determine any evaluation or condition.
    We're all, without exception, 'a little bit psycho'. And that's OK.
    The important thing is to never trivialise or make light of people who are seriously mentally-afflicted, or trivialise such conditions by using words liberally as a form of adjective, or insult.
    Those who suffer, either in public or in silence, need support, consideration, empathy and understanding, but above all, they merit respect and acceptance.

Mental illnesses are far more prevalent than one might imagine, and the joke -

"One in four people has a mental illness. If you're with 3 friends, and it's not them, then it's you."

• holds a lot more truth than one might think.
    lobsterZenshinEarthninjaVastmind
  • @Lonely_Traveller said:

@Jeffrey said:
    No. But I am and it is just a health condition you learn to live with.

Your not a Psychopath however @Jeffrey , You suffer from a psychotic disorder which is completely different. As do I. Personally I find the term Psycho offensive but I'll let it ride this time.

I very much like what @federica said. My sister is still mentally ill. Most of it from our father. I would not use the term psycho but continually use the term mad and crazy to describe behavour. Psycho has connotations of violence and stigma and is not a word that is helpful at present.

My sister recognizes that all people are 'mad monkeys', drven by motivations, thoughts and arisings, many of which are awry or counter productive.

For example being hurtful is often socially sanctioned when directed to protecting ones tribe and rejecting some other group.

Normalising the crazed tendencies is the Middle Way.

ZenshinVastmind