Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Eureka!

found the correct translation for

all conditional thing is not 'I' (not impermanent)
sabbe sankhara anicca

all conditional thing is not 'me/mine' (not suffering)
sabbe sankhara dukka

everything is 'non-self' (not not-self)
sabbe dhamma anatta

think it over and see whether it will be easy to practice Buddha's Teaching

if you can not agree to above statements just ignore them

do not use harsh language, that itself will be anger in your mind
that is not good for you or good for anyone who read angry words

thank you

MTGBY (May Tripple Gem Bless You)

ShoshinBunksStingRay

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Eureka moments are just that: Eureka Moments.

Not sure, though, that their realizations can be put into effective words. If that were so, all problems would already be solved.

These things just confuse me.

StingRay
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran

my theoretical understanding says: anicca, dukhkha, anatta are 3 characteristics of dhamma (or the way things are). anicca translates to impermanence or changing nature of things. dukhkha translates to unsatisfactoriness or suffering. anatta translates to non-self or not-mine. sankhara translates to conditioned pheonomena.

pegembaraStingRay
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@upekka said: found the correct translation for
    all conditional thing is not 'I' (not impermanent)
    sabbe sankhara anicca

Sorry but I'm not following you here. Sabbe sankhara anicca translates something like "all conditions are transient", how are relating this to "I"?

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran

Translations are in the mind only.
    What is written on the slate is itself conditional.
    Transcribing what's written on one slate to another in another language is tricky.

Translations are in the mind only.
    Writing them down on a slate doesn't change this fact.

• bava netti sutta says 'everything' and 'all' are 'I' for 'puthajjana'

and

everyone of us must try to get 'bava netti keena'

bava netti sutta is in khanda vagga

whenever we take an object we are deluded with greed or hate, then we are with 'bava netti'

until one understand this we create 'bava netti' untill we die

in other words we do not know the rise and fall of five aggregates

further we cling to that five aggregates and there is 'bava netti' (residue to create our future)

all puthajjana collect 'bava nett'

to get rid of 'bava netti' we have to listen to Buddha's Teaching and must do 'bava netti keena'

so we have to do meditation which help to 'bava netti keena'
    unless our meditation itself become 'bava netti'

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

As this is an English Forum, I have enough trouble coping with the English version of what "I MUST" do.
    I really don't personally need all this confusion regarding the original.
    FRankly, I have enough on my plate dealing with what I literally understand, without trying to get my own head round anything else.

• sorry federica

i thought since this is a Buddhist forum members would not get into trouble with pali terms now and then

my mistake

i am extreamly sorry

• @upekka said:
    do not use harsh language, that itself will be anger in your mind
    that is not good for you or good for anyone who read angry words

thank you

MTGBY (May Triple Gem Bless You)

Well said <3
    You are doing fine. Like @federica I find this thread a little too scholarly. However your attitude is a teaching.

In a sense the original mind, non-self does not have attributes BUT because it is most akin to wisdom/metta/unborn altruism it arises so to speak or sparkles if you will, through our finer 'Self'.

Hopefully there is some relevance ...

Zenshinupekka
  • @upekka. I enjoy your posts. Often they require more than one reading. Thanks.

lobsterupekka
  • We all come from different backgrounds. Occasionally someone's buttons get pushed without intent (yes, sadly, sometimes with intent >:) ). But we are in a very big tent.
    Our differences, while very real, are what helps make this group interesting. For while acknowledging the differences, we find a great deal of common ground.
    I have found this to be true even when I had to deploy my drag chute, drop anchor, apply the air brakes and apply reverse thrusters all at once.

Peace to all

Walkerupekka