Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

understanding the U.S. economy

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Good one.

If you could, @genkaku, would you move to another country (am wondering if things are so 'bad' here, why someone like you hasn't flown the coop for greener pastures). Not that I'm criticizing here, mind you. I too enjoy criticizing stuff! :mrgreen:

• Speaking of the economy, how are we voting this time around? I figure that the longer we keep the economy out of the hands of the people who slashed taxes disastrously, and who don't seem to care that the infrastructure is falling apart, the poor and middle class can no longer afford higher education, and that office staff pay more taxes than the politicians they work for, the better.

Vastmind
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@silver said:
    Good one.

If you could, @genkaku, would you move to another country (am wondering if things are so 'bad' here, why someone like you hasn't flown the coop for greener pastures). Not that I'm criticizing here, mind you. I too enjoy criticizing stuff! :mrgreen:

It's not much better anywhere else I'm afraid!

Walkerrohit
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

If you could, @genkaku, would you move to another country

@silver -- I think it was Winston Churchill who suggested, "Democracy is the worst form of government except for all the rest." I'm not sure that the U.S. can any longer be accused of being a democracy, but I wouldn't move. 1. I'm too old and 2. whatever upside exists in other countries (the Gross National Happiness Index in Bhutan, for example) is likely to be accompanied by other versions of down side.

Oh well....

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I think with the substitution of the word 'English' you could pretty much apply that here, too.....

• rohitrohit Maharrashtra Veteran
    edited February 2016

Iran is demanding Euros for there business deals. Will usa attack Iran too?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I guess that's the way the cookie ......crumbles :)

• Rohit, yes, the US believes in destabilizing the world economy and has a consistent history of using the military to attack Eurozone countries. The recent drone attacks against Rome and Berlin were just a warmup.

rohit
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I like how the rich guy tells the middle guy to pick on the poor one when he starts to complain.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

That's how it rolls, @person.

• Laughing & crying simultaneously. Confusing!

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I think if everyone who didn't like how things are going left, Canada would get full quick, lol. It's not that easy to permanently relocate to another country, even Canada. 2 thoughts come to mind. First, that the only way to actually obtain green grass is to water your own. And Second, Trungpa's quote (very loosely because I don't want to go hunt it down) "We look at the world and want to withdraw from it. Yet this is where we come from, we have to do something about it." I might not like how things are going, but I can help work to improve them.

I honestly don't know that much in detail about our economical workings. I hate money and dealing with it in every aspect. But my son is double majoring in engineering and business (he is looking into global engineering and wants the international business aspect to compliment it). He's 19 and has an investment portfolio and an IRA, LOL. He's already giving me advice. The cartoon above is what makes sense to me ;)

• Tee Hee.

Here is Buddhism explained in cookies.
    http://www.buddhapadipa.org/dhamma-corner/cookie-story/

PS. Eat the rich! (Carnivore Buddhists have their uses)