Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy St Patrick's Day

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited March 2016 in General Banter

"Top o' the mornin' to ya", to our Irish (and of Irish desent) members ... Have a great day :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Day

WalkersilverLionduck

Comments

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Thank you, thank you - pinch a leprechaun for me. O.o

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Oh yes! I forgot it was St Patty's Day. Green beer and all that......

Not much celebration here in Australia but I do remember the Americans were big on it. I secretly think they just love a parade and drink ;)

silver
  • Irish - Indian!
    Quite a long piece on the cultural confluence of gaelic and sanskrit cultures ...
    http://metrogael.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/celts-and-hindus-cognate-cultures-of.html

Happy Leprechaun Day.

• And I thought it was the Aussies who loved to party.

Her in "Amarica", it's time for all the Irish to be serious and partake of their corn beef and cabbage while everyone else pretends to be Irish, may gets a bit rowdy and drinks a lot. :3=)
    Being mixed blood, I can go both ways, but as I drive, shucks, no drink! :3
    Thank you for the video. <3

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited March 2016

I had a beer today, but it wasn't green...hmm, the box was green, though.
    It was good.

Bunks
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
    edited March 2016

what the heck! oopsie. :3

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

silverShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Bunks said:
    Oh yes! I forgot it was St Patty's Day.

It's "St. PaDDY's day", not 'St. Patty's'.

Paddy as in the Irish Gaelic Pádraig, not the English misnomer, 'Patrick'. Or even Patricia....

Most Irish are nicknamed 'Paddy' as most scots are nicknamed 'Jock' most Welshmen "Daffy' and most Englishmen "Idiot".

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Noted! Thanks @federica - although I thought the term "Paddy" for an Irishman was quite offensive?