Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

post-mortem solution

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Appeared today in a number of U.S. newspapers in a popular advice column:

DEAR ABBY: My husband is in poor health, and when his time comes, I would like to have him stuffed. It would be comforting to see him sitting in his favorite chair in the living room. That way I'd always know where he is, plus he wouldn't be asking me for another beer all the time. My kids don't like the idea. What about you, Abby? -- DESERT HOT SPRINGS, CALIF.

DEAR D.H.S.: Grief makes people do strange things. I'm not sure you are thinking this through. Once you are finished grieving, you may meet someone you want to watch a game with and need that chair.

BunksShoshinCaptain_America

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I wonder if dear ol' hubby has gotten wind of her idea. O.o

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I wonder if dear ol' hubby has gotten wind.

(all that beer.....)

Swaroop
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I wonder if dear ol' hubby is actually in poor health.

• Kale4DayzKale4Dayz California Explorer

Hehe. Another great find this week, genkaku.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Eeeps! Just return me to nature, please. My oldest son wants to be cryofrozen. I told him he better start saving up.

• Sounds like a prank.
    Of course, some politicians are already stuffed and mounted. (or) If the news is correct some soon will be. ;)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

There's some hope on the horizon then.... :lol:

lobster
  • Dear D. H. S.
    Buddhist self mummification of any interest to hubby? Probably not.
    http://opcoa.st/07Tvj

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

The wife is just wanting to put into reality what she had often told him when he had asked her to get him another beer..... "Get stuffed!"

Personally I think it would be a good idea,...Making her dream come true :)

Walkersilver
  • Creepy.

For myself, it depends. I think a space "burial" would be cool. Might be the only way "I" could get to explore the cosmos.

If technology looks like it might make it, preserve my ass. Not just my ass, but you know.