Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mystery fires spook residents

Hiya all, every now and then I read of mysterious fires that break out for no
apparent reason.

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2016/04/09/mystery-fires-spook-residents-families-shocked-by-spontaneous-blazes/

What do these anomalies tell us, if anything, of the nature of consciousness?

NTM scents that 'erupt' (for want of a better word) then fade away, leaving a faint
trace verified by my housemate half an hour later.

Rlly.

regardings,
sm

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Superstitious twaddle.
    Unfortunately, Malaysia is a country where folklore, tradition, ghosts, spirits and other such beliefs are rife and strong. I would suggest that, rather than subscribe to local superstition, they actually get in someone totally unconnected with the location, an Forensic arson expert, maybe from a different country, to perform proper investigative analyses and reveal the identity of the arsonist.

Cinorjer
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@essem said:

NTM scents that 'erupt' (for want of a better word) then fade away, leaving a faint
    trace verified by my housemate half an hour later.

My kids would call it a "pop off"......

Swaroopfederica
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@essem said: What do these anomalies tell us, if anything, of the nature of consciousness?

I have no idea in what way the question is relevant to the article?

• What's an NTM scent?

I looked up 'NTM'.. apparently, it's an internet/slang abbreviation for Not Too Much' or NoThing Much'.

It also happens to be an abbreviation of a French Insult (Nique ta Mère) which translated means "I would suggest you (or anyone generally) go and fornicate with your mother."

ZeroSwaroopCinorjer
  • Short for "not to mention" I believe.

Ah, that would make a bit more sense, @namarupa.
    More than the first post, anyway..... ;)

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Spontaneous human combustion was long thought to be mysterious and spooky, but now they've got some good ideas of how it might occur and its not so magical.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/unexplained-phenomena/shc.htm

Yes. I first learnt what it was actually all about on CSI. Ironic that a programme that stretches credibility so far, was actually a trigger for me to arm myself with accurate information....!