Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Death with Dignity

May I share this song with you? It stops me in my tracks. Simple and beautiful. About the death of his mother.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Very nice. Although I don't understand the reference to 'Chimney swift'... or the 5 red hens. Must be something personal.....

But nice.

Lyrics.

• @federica said:
    Very nice. Although I don't understand the reference to 'Chimney swift'... or the 5 red hens. Must be something personal.....

Yes perhaps some little things he associates with his mother's passing. If there was a swift in the chimney while he sat by her bedside. Or some red hens clucking about outside the window.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh, I didn't think of the 'swift' in the ornithological sense. That's actually clearer.....

• LionduckLionduck Veteran

A moving, lovely song. A beautiful way to honor the life/death of his mother.
    Thank you for sharing it. It reminded me of my own mother's passing. No swifts or hens, but a serene setting.

Peace to all