Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Dalai Lama Converts To Atheism, Will Step Down

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran

We well know in the past what HHDL has said:

So it would seem he is now being true to his word.

http://thegoodlordabove.com/articles/details/239

karastiWalkerShoshinNamadaVastmindyagr

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

LOL I think it's funny there had to be a Snopes article about this. I quite enjoy the site and it's accompanying Twitter page especially.

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

I'm reminded of Seinfeld. He could do a show about 'nothing'. :p

person
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

We need more feedback buttons on the site - LOL just doesn't cut it sometimes.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

It's funny but at first I was a bit offended by the article but then realised that's just attachment doing its thing! I'm sure HHDL would get a chuckle out of it....

Kundo
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

I wonder if HHDL ever had moments where he wondered how he was picked to have such a duty in his life. Or some such idea.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I don't think so. I think he is aware of how he was chosen - or how he cam to be HHDL. I think he is more concerned with his determination to NOT be reborn, sought and reinstated as a Tulku destined to be the Dalai Lama.

• LionduckLionduck Veteran

Clearly an "Onion" type of article.
    Perverse humor to be sure, but humor none-the-less.
    I'm sure the Dali Lama would get a chuckle out of it.

Now where is that cocoa?

Peace to all

• DakiniDakini Veteran

I found it hard to follow, honestly. It didn't make sense, because it talked about God, but Buddhism is non-theistic, as the DL himself has often said. It seemed a little mixed up.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Of course. It's more than 'a little mixed up'! It's jumbled garbage - It's supposed to be satire. You don't have to believe a word of it, because it's nonsensical and patently untrue.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

It talks about God because the page is meant to be a page "run by God" in humor form. The twitter page is quite amusing.

God ‏@TheGoodGodAbove Apr 21
    I should start taking corrupt politicians instead of rock and roll legends.

God ‏@TheGoodGodAbove Apr 21
    I’m not sure what you humans think you are doing down there, but it’s pretty damn stupid.

God ‏@TheGoodGodAbove Apr 14
    Sweden is 80% atheist and has the lowest crime.
    Wanna get into Heaven? Try atheism!
    Cuz y'all are doing this "Christian" thing all wrong.

Anyhow, the webpage is based on this humorous "If I was God here's what I'd really say about the world" thing. So most interactions involve God for that reason.

VastmindShoshin
  • @federica said:
    Of course. It's more than 'a little mixed up'! It's jumbled garbage - It's supposed to be satire. You don't have to believe a word of it, because it's nonsensical and patently untrue.

Would "tosh" sum it up?

I don't know if @tosh would or not, you'd have to ask him, but one thing I DO know - it would be colourful....!