Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Setting up a daily routine

I need to find some resources that show an example of daily routine (such as puja ect) and how to perform these rituals.

TIA

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2016

Start with a ritual search of Google for the type of practice you are interested in ... o:)
    http://www.buddhisttemple.ca/buddhism/rituals

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@SilverWolf42712 said:
    I need to find some resources that show an example of daily routine (such as puja ect) and how to perform these rituals.

TIA

Why?

If you're going to implement changes to your routine, make small adjustments at first. Ease yourself into new habits and mindsets, and do one thing at a time. Don't discover new rituals and go hell-bent into doing them straight away...

Nobody ever got into a brand new car, and never having had a single lesson, began to drive....

Bunks
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited May 2016

@SilverWolf42712 said:> I need to find some resources that show an example of daily routine (such as puja ect) and how to perform these rituals.

It's mostly common sense. Work out your best time of day, work out what time you have available, establish a daily routine, start small and be realistic. Prioritise.
    Obviously it will depend a lot on your personal circumstances and level of experience.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

Everyone has different routines that are important to them. I'd suggest learning about rituals first, and decide which ones you want to implement. THEN figure out how to work them in. They are about devotion and practice, not about doing just to do them. There are also a lot of different rituals depending on what "branch" you practice within. If your heart isn't in it, you won't stick with it. You won't learn what your heart is in until you start learning on your own what they are all about. Following someone else's routine isn't going to do that for you.