Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The mystery of @Lobster's origins revealed!

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran
edited June 2016 in General Banter

A documentary they don't want you to see showing how this intelligent crustacean came to be.

karastiVastmindWalkerlobsterKundoyagr

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

This looks great, lol. I shall watch in lobster's honor. Filmmaking is so fascinating. One of my cousin's is a filmmaker who has an amazing film premiering at a local film festival this weekend. I so wish I could go (we will be on vacation). I love talking to him about it all.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

@karasti said:
    This looks great, lol. I shall watch in lobster's honor.

ditto

• herbertoherberto Arizona Explorer

I'll check it out. I've been a fan of Rachel Weisz ever since I watched the movie Beautiful Creatures.

edited June 2016

Holy Shit! :anguished: I think I feel bad at laughing at the trailer. Anyone seen this yet? I don't want to do spoilers right now...but as soon as one of you guys watch....come back....I'm about to bust. I must talk about it!

Warning: movie contains F words and sexual relations....so....be careful where your monitor is.

Yikes! Super dark and .....My mind is spinning!!

• He picks lobster out of any animal. She says "Good choice"??

OK at least it's different.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2016

^^^ I have seen it. Unique eh?
    It is a very strange film, brilliantly acted. It is beyond comedic. Quite wonderful. Totally engrossing and unexpected.
    It sometimes helps to read reviews after watching to understand what happened.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/the-lobster-film-review-a-new-farrell-for-a-love-story-like-no-other-a6695796.html

Personally I like 'absurdist' cinema. Thanks for watching. I iz honoured? Not part of plan ...

edited June 2016

Engrossing, to say the least. I was stuck to the screen the entire time! Thanks for the link....helped me see that everything I went through is what the film maker intended.

I promise I'm not judging anyone's cinema preferences, hahaha. My Pony mind was not ready for all that!!!!! WHOA! ( kinda makes it a big Zen Koan, huh?) Knocked me right out of every comfort zone I have... Only here at NB would I stumble upon this. lololololol.

On second thought.....kinda @lobster perfect. In alot of ways ;)

You let me know anytime you need a rabbit....I got cha! :+1:

lobster

Now I am super intrigued, but I am surrounded by really hyper kids and cannot watch, lol.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Very curious trailer... Capturing what love is like in the 21st century? Hmmm.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited June 2016

@lobster said:
    Not part of plan ...

No ...but you are part of the menu :)

Kundo
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2016

@person said:> A documentary they don't want you to see showing how this intelligent crustacean came to be.

I hope @lobster gets a nip out of it. :p

I do hope it's not a prawn movie, full of shrimps with big mussels and unfeasibly large winkles.

lobsterKundo
    edited June 2016

@Kerome said:
    Very curious trailer... Capturing what love is like in the 21st century? Hmmm.

:scream: I hope not! ..... Then again...social media sure does feed into shallow pairings and emotionless connections....so...who knows, hahaha

In case anyone wants to know...I watched it online for free at fmovie.com

I'm not sure if it's on Netflix....or other sources (paying, if your conscience about that sort of thing)...

Seriously guys....the trailer DOES NOT set you up for what the story does.

karasti

Maybe I can find it today. Early to bed with the kids tonight as we leave on vacation at 4am tomorrow :|

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited June 2016

@karasti -- Here you go.

I found it carefully crafted...
    But I dislike artful creations about which the first and perhaps most heart-felt words out of an onlooker's mouth might be, "I can explain that."

karasti