Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@federica said:> Wrong animal. Think 'steer'....

Everything is bigger in Texas. Well, so the men claim. :p

Q: How many Taliban freedom fighters does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. They prefer living in the dark!

NirvanaKotishka
  • GuiGui Veteran

@federica said:
    I don't think that funny, is funny.
    Maybe I'm weird that way.

@federica
    I have no stake in this, believe me. But I am curious why you don't think this is funny. Would you mind explaining?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I just don't think jokes about suicide by hanging are funny.
    Robin Williams hanged himself, which made me cry that day.

Don't worry, it's probably only me.

RuddyDuck9Sophie101JohnCobb
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Kerome said:
    No funny stuff thread is complete without this Buddhist joke...

A zen master walks up to a hot dog stand in New York,
    And asks the vendor, "make me one with everything".
    He then pays with a 20, and is about to walk away,
    When he turns and asks, "hold on, where is my change?"
    "Ah brother," replies the vendor, "change must come from within".

....and then as the vendor starts to run off down the street, he turns his head and shouts "Form is Emptiness Emptiness is Form" then smiles clutching the $20 bill ...... :wink:

JohnCobb
  • GuiGui Veteran
    edited July 2016

Which one of us is me?

lobster
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited July 2016

I walked into the grocery store yesterday and realized there was no way I would get shopping done if I didn't use the restroom. I walked to the back of the store, and ran in the bathroom hoping I wasn't going to tinkle on myself. Swung the door open, and immediately thought "why the hell are there sinks on the wall"? I turned around and saw Adjua standing outside the door and she says " mommy...your in the mens room" :3. .... First time in my life I ever did that. Hahaha.

ShoshinSwaroopBeejSophie101
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I did that at a rest stop in France... We'd stopped for fuel and a bite to eat. Time to go! Hang on, I need the ladies' room. The queue! My goodness, a queue?! You have to be kidding me! 5 lavatories for a busy rest stop?! I See the door swing open in the men's room... SIX cubicles - and 6 stand-up 'pissoirs'! No contest. I stride in, head for the closest open cubicle, and do what must be done.
    I exit, wash my hands and leave.

Oh, People - this is FRANCE! They don't give a damn where you go!

VastmindRuddyDuck9Nirvana
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@federica said:
    Oh, People - this is FRANCE! They don't give a damn where you go!

Tee Hee.

Vive la France. Maybe they can invade Middle Earth aka little england, like they did in 1066. Just a thought for us Brit unisexers ... :3

And now back to the serious humourists

@federica said: Oh, People - this is FRANCE! They don't give a damn where you go!

I blame it on the EU myself. :p

@lobster said: Vive la France. Maybe they can invade Middle Earth aka little england, like they did in 1066. Just a thought for us Brit unisexers ... :3

First the Vikings, then the French, and now Polish builders! Pah! I blame the EU. :p

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited July 2016

I don't know, I look at that joke and all that comes to mind is commentary on conditioned society goals and the unaware, brainless following of a basic script in most people's lives. For me it fails to be funny, and is even slightly offensive in its assumption that money is the peak goal at the peak age.

Edit: I was obviously in an ornery early morning pre-coffee state of mind... Metta to all :)

RuddyDuck9BunkslobsterJohnCobb
    edited July 2016

@Kerome said:
    I don't know, I look at that joke and all that comes to mind is commentary on conditioned society goals and the unaware, brainless following of a basic script in most people's lives. For me it fails to be funny, and is even slightly offensive in its assumption that money is the peak goal at the peak age.

@Kerome tis the irony of life's many challenges...and to see the funny side would depend on where ones mind is at, ie, the mood one is in at the time...events that are going on in ones life etc etc...

One can if one so choose take offence/find fault in/at any number of things, if one puts ones mind to it....

I'm sorry you can't see the humour in the joke...but it was not in any way meant to offend...

silver
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

WalkerpersonShoshin

DairyLamarohit
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
    -- Mark Twain

rohitSophie101

WalkerVastmindDairyLamaShoshin

Walker

RuddyDuck9personCinorjer
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

The perfect Answering Machine message...

"Hi, I'm probably home, I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you!"

FosdicksilverVastmindNirvana
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

What's an answering machine?

Vastmind

@person said:

It's a device connected to a landline phone, where one can leave a personal recorded voice message if one cannot 'personally' answer the phone........next you'll be asking what's a landline phone ??? :wink:

SwaroopSteve_Byagr

@Shoshin said:

@person said:

It's a device connected to a landline phone, where one can leave a personal recorded voice message if one cannot 'personally' answer the phone........next you'll be asking what's a landline phone ??? :wink:

http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/22751/fewer-pictures-more-links#latest.

Particularly the last comment, @Shoshin
    KIndly take (Moderator) note.

A question was asked "What's an answering machine?" hence the picture answer link as oppose to putting up the actual picture...If @person's question was a joke (which it might well have been) then I'm the butt of the joke...so be it :)

Try here.

Nah thanks I'm good...