Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hi! to all from Mutley

MutleyMutley Somerset UK Explorer

Hi! My name is Brian. I may be somewhat older than average on this site as I am 71 yrs. I have had a "loose" interest in Buddhism for many years, since my late 'teens in fact. By profession I am a (semi-retired) pharmacist. In my late 'teens I developed an interest in Jung's work, also in a variety of esoteric subjects such as astrology, kabbalah and tarot. I now have the opportunity to pursue these interests and find the "suchness" of them.

I respectfully suggest that Buddhism is a good religious philosophy for the older person. When I was younger the very day to day struggle of keeping myself and my family in Maya caused too much disturbance for me to be a successful meditative. Looking back over my life I can now see the truths of Buddhism illustrated in it.

As a younger man you might say that I was faced with the Koan: "How does a Buddhist get the potatoes planted?"

There seem to be some very insightful and compassionate people on this site. I am resident Somerset, UK. All are welcome to send me a PM, any close by are welcome to arrange a meeting if they so wish and it is mutually acceptable.

BunksCinorjer

Comments

• RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

Hi Mut! Glad to have you here!

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I like your potato koan.

Welcome to our motley crew.

herberto
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Welcome Brian. Hope you find something useful here. Will you let us know if you figure out how to plant potatoes? :)

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    edited June 2016

I love potatoes!! They are growing in my garden so somehow got planted :open_mouth:
    Welcome :) We're a lovely bunch of coconuts. Er. Folks.

Vastmindherberto
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(No, @karasti , you were right the first time....)

Hya @Mutley, nice to have you aboard!

Vastmind
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Hello!!! Nice to meet you. See you around.... =)

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

G'day Brian! Welcome aboard.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

If you have potatoes why not make chips?

... oh, I mean welcome B)

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2016

Welcome Brian Mutley, I was watching some music from the Glastonbury festival which is on this weekend.
    Are you named after this dog? ;)

Here is something from the Glastonbury festival:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zhfkx

herberto
  • herbertoherberto Arizona Explorer

Welcome Brian Mutley. Now that you're practicing Buddhism you should plant your potatoes slowly and mindfully.