Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bought a Didgeridoo

Hi guys. Don't ever download an ebay app on your phone lol. Because then you end up just pointlessly buying random stuff on impulse just cause you can like me. In this instance I bought a frickin didgeridoo simply cuz its exotic and I like being able to say I have one. I know its pointless and childish to just waste money like that but I've decided certain immature things I actually want to hold on to. Its great to still act like a kid sometimes. Anyway back to the point. I've been reading up on my didge and it turns out they seem to be pretty good for the mind and spirituality. In the sense of vibrations. Its just like sitting there going ommmmm. So perhaps it was something worthwhile after all.

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    edited July 2016

Music instruments are never a waste :D
    Can you tie me kangaroo down, sport? ;) LOL sorry couldn't help myself.

MingleShoshin
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

You could hardly have made a better investment. I bought an entire set of Chinese dizi flutes on a similar impulse and have never regretted it. Very meditative, listen to the breath made audible. <3

lobsterRuddyDuck9
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Apparently very difficult to play the didgeridoo. You need to be able to breathe in your nose and out your mouth at the same time to keep the sound going!

No doubt there'll be countless Didge 101 films on YouTube!

Good luck.

• MingleMingle Veteran

@karasti said:

@karasti said:

Believe it or not that was the very song which led me to buy it lol.

karasti
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

that's awesome! When one of our radio stations went off the air, the employees were upset and they played that song for 24 hours straight. It sticks in my head even now, years later. Poor blue, seems so sad to play the didgeridoo. Australia has the coolest words, I'm envious. I know a runner who lives in Wollongong. The names of our towns pale in comparison. I also worked with a man for many years who was from Australia, and he had the best words to use when he was mad! It was great because we thought he might be cursing, but we weren't sure. He finally had enough of our crap in the US and went back to Australia a few years ago.

I hope you enjoy it! I played the flute many years in school but sold it for beer money in college. I have since (in the past 2 months) bought another one and have greatly enjoyed playing it. My husband also recently picked up a guitar to learn how to play. We could have a band.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@karasti - I'm guessing you won't be hearing that song again any time soon!! O.o

karasti
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

BunkslobsterKundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

So....Didgery-don't....?

All together now..."Sun-a-rise, early in the mornin'...." Oh what.... 'Too soon'....?

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@karasti said:> Can you tie me kangaroo down, sport? ;)

I always did wonder about that Rolf Harris and his "preferences". :p

karasti
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited September 2016

I'm sure our Indigenous People will be thrilled to hear about your exotic purchase........

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I think just 'hearing' will be an ordeal in and of itself....

Kundo
  • @SpinyNorman said:

@karasti said:> Can you tie me kangaroo down, sport? ;)

I always did wonder about that Rolf Harris and his "preferences". :p

It's weird that people have actually made peado comment's at me for buying the didge because of him. Yes people are that stupid. He also has a beard perhaps that must make any dude with a beard into those same preferences.

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Mingle said:
    It's weird that people have actually made peado comment's at me for buying the didge because of him. Yes people are that stupid. He also has a beard perhaps that must make any dude with a beard into those same preferences.

Jeez complex much?? Admittedly I've made bitchy comments on this and another post, but dude you REALLY need to chill the f out.

Now, you're young but instead of thinking the whole forum revolves around you, make Google your friend and you'll see WHY I had a dig about the didgeridoo - it's a massive insult to our Indigenous to have a didgeridoo treated with a cavalier attitudes or disrespect like you have. And just because you don't believe you've been disrespectful, doesn't mean you haven't acted disrespectfully, and you have. You're ignorant and have a huge chip on your shoulder - FACT.

Now Rolf Harris is an Australian man who garnered a lot of international acclaim for his Australians acts (pre Paul Hogan) and even painted Queen Elizabeth II's portrait. He has been charged and convicted of pedophilia. The "peado" remarks you insist are directed at you are not. Bluntly - go and get professional help. We can't help you professionally and you have bombarded this forum with a multitude of posts that show you are searching for an identity or solace and we obviously are not helping. I fear for your sanity if you don't do something about it.

• They're hard to play. Before you can play one, you have to master the technique of circular breathing, i.e. breathing in and breathing out simultaneously, so there's no break in the sound you produce, no gasping for air, like flautists do. You have to be able to produce sound on the instrument non-stop, for as long as required--1/2 hr., or whatever, without stopping for air.

BunksFosdick