Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

For SpinyNorman

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

This is for @SpinyNorman ...(at long last :) )

Wow....

Yesterday at work, a colleague was looking out our office kitchen window and was pointing to some people in a kayak and was saying how cold they must be, when all of a sudden dolphins broke water around the kayak ....

The first 2 clips are taken from our office window and the last one I had walked down to the beach after work, the dolphins were still there (five hours later) along with some gannets who were dive bombing the fish that the dolphins were herding towards the shore... My phone video is not the best, but you can just make them out :)

Keep looking to the left of the chimney

At the beach

DairyLamaFosdickKundo

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited July 2016

Aw, sweet! Close inshore too. Will you send them on holiday to visit me?

PS was that gull in the middle video after your chips? :p

RuddyDuck9Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited July 2016

@SpinyNorman said:
    Aw, sweet! Close inshore too. Will you send them on holiday to visit me?

PS was that gull in the middle video after your chips? :p

Yes they were quite close to shore...If the weather had been a little warmer I would have swam out to them, mind you there were a couple of young school girl who had just been in for a dip......

The gull nearly smacked into our kitchen window :)

Just as I was walking away, the dolphins started to follow the boat's wake as it headed back out to sea....So you never know, their next port of call could be the UK :)

@SpinyNorman there's just something surreal about seeing dolphins in the wild :)

• RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

This is wonderful. May I come out to your town and live? My levels of general happiness would be exponentially larger with a view like that out my office window. :mrgreen:

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@RuddyDuck9 said:
    This is wonderful. May I come out to your town and live? My levels of general happiness would be exponentially larger with a view like that out my office window. :mrgreen:

Thanks @RuddyDuck9 and yes you're most welcome to come........

I've met many people who have move to the island hoping for a sense of spiritual well being...Some find what they are looking for, whilst for others they continue to suffer.....

It's true that a sense of well being and peaceful state of mind, may not be hard to obtain in settings where nature is at ones doorstep, however when it comes to experiencing or not experiencing the beauty in any given moment (any moment any where, anytime) it can be a case of Wherever you go there you are! (including the mental baggage one might bring with them on the trip)

RuddyDuck9
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

I :heart: Dolphins

DairyLamalobsterShoshin
    edited July 2016

We don't have dolphins on my part of the coast, just porpoises, which are similar but smaller. I don't see them very often but it's a real treat. They had some whales about 50 miles north, would love to see one of those one day!
    Meanwhile the seals are quite entertaining, there is a large colony nearby, up to 1000 seals. =)

ShoshinRuddyDuck9

@RuddyDuck9 said: My levels of general happiness would be exponentially larger with a view like that out my office window. :mrgreen:

You had a view!? Sheer luxury, we never even had windows! :p

lobsterShoshinWalkerRuddyDuck9
  • RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:

@RuddyDuck9 said: My levels of general happiness would be exponentially larger with a view like that out my office window. :mrgreen:

You had a view!? Sheer luxury, we never even had windows! :p

haha, NOPE. My office is surrounded on all sides by solid wall. I keep threatening to bring a sledge hammer to work to fix the problem, but they just aren't taking me seriously! :confused:

Shoshin