Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Counter Terrorism - Buddhist Style

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited August 2016 in Buddhism Today

At the United Nations, members have access to the triangle goodwill matrix. Such an awareness web is the basis of Buddhist and other solutions to increase open sourced secure possibilities. We can counter negative/fear/terror/Trump deployments.

The conscious/mindful/awareness initiatives, deploy our Buddha Being, awakeness etc. Combining with other positive awareness initiatives across religious and partisan divides.

All prayers, sadhana, practitioners welcome. We have masterplan? What is your plan/input?

Comments

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited August 2016

Could you elaborate on this UN thing you reference? Is that a specific program or resource, or is this something you've come up with? Thanks. I've looked at the link, and I still don't quite get it. Could you summarize it?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Dakini, I think it's a little like the theory of "6 Degrees of Separation", combined with Matthew 18:20 ("where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name..."). It's design and ultimate goal is to interconnect every person who joins in, thereby creating a vast 'net' of Positive thinking, peaceful intention and Universally-attainable Love.
    There is a concrete mechanism by which you can 'join up' and participate which ultimately also means subscribing to bulletins, newsletters and information on progress.
    Reminds me slightly of the Disney Song "somewhere out there..." From 'An American Tail'...

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited August 2016

Oh, thank you, @Federica. I've come across this belief of joining together to spread the peace vibes among Buddhists in Mongol cultural areas of the world. I don't know if it's some kind of Mahayana tradition....? Actually, I think we first heard about it after the Beatles went through their yoga/India phase. It's been around a long time.

DairyLamalobster
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

@lobster said:> We have masterplan? What is your plan/input?

ShoshinWalker
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2016

Triangles is a little New Agey. Part of the Lucis Trust. Those who require info:
    https://www.lucistrust.org/triangles

They also have a weekly Goodwill Meditation Group
    The Goodwill Meditation Group is a worldwide group of people who link together in thought each week to meditate upon the energy of goodwill. The group’s purpose is to stimulate and increase the use of goodwill in a troubled world. Its function is to act as a channel through which the energy of goodwill can flow more abundantly from spiritual levels into the hearts and minds of all people.

Support of the United Nations
    The Lucis Trust has Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC) and World Goodwill is recognized by the Department of Public Information at the United Nations as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO). As such the Trust and World Goodwill are part of a community of many hundreds of NGOs that play an active role in the United Nations, particularly in spreading information about the UN and fostering support for UN programs. Since their inception Lucis Trust and World Goodwill have given their support through meditation, educational materials and seminars, by highlighting the importance of the UN's goals and activities as they represent the voice of the peoples and nations of the world
    https://www.lucistrust.org/about_us/support_un

... so it is quite possible to engage with good people of other religions or no religion, with occultists, Christians, diplomats and others ...

... This is just one example of alignment to counter the mad Jihadhi, hate filled religiosi, cult refugees, crazy crustaceans etc. Another might be those creating acts of random kindness ...
    http://opcoa.st/0mLR5

• The Wahhabi and dervish training camps seem no more effective than Camp X-Ray for dealing with Isis and similar hoodies.

Time for Buddhists to set up retreat camps? A few months of intense vipassana and droning from worthy sangha and Islamists will be enlightened Sufis, metta infused or prepared to save all sentient insects. o:)

Maybe the Dalai Lama could set up a crack team of Kalachakra initiates to do something useful?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"Om Buddha Akbar love and peace to the infidels!" ...I like it :)

lobster