Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Are you an eternalist, an annihilist, or somewhere in between?

2»

Comments

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited September 2016

@lobster said:> Very real. Exactly right. Pontifications is for time wasting fun and deciding how to dance on pin pricks. When it comes down to meaningful and constructive dancing dialogue we find the urgency of dukkha and its reality.

So let's stop discussing the ideas behind Buddhist teachings, and just focus on trite cliches and Womans Hour blog-style posts? Good luck with that.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

(There's nothing wrong with 'Woman's Hour', If you don't mind.....)

@federica said:

(There's nothing wrong with 'Woman's Hour', If you don't mind.....)

Nothing wrong at all, but this is supposed to be a Buddhist forum and not a womens' group.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'll get me coat.....

Zenshinlobster

So have I pulled then?

Zenshin

You should be so lucky....

Zenshin
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@seeker242 said:

Are you an eternalist, an annihilist, or somewhere in between?

I like "none of the above" the most! =)

I find grumpy bitch seems to be the most fitting for me :tongue:

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@SpinyNorman said:
    So have I pulled then?

That's a bit personal...............ohh righto

:tongue:

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Thinking about this question in terms of this life now, I have inclinations for both. I have eternalist thinking in that I assume I'll live into old age and die fulfilled in my sleep. I have annihilst, or maybe rather nihilist thinking, in that I don't really look for meaning or purpose in my life and just look to find happiness.

But maybe really I'm somewhere in between in that I do think about my death and that I may not live forever and I do care about the welfare of those close to me and the planet as a whole too.