Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can the Gov't arrest me if I don't bow to the POTUS ?

Curious, if I do not recognize anyone as a U.S leader can I enjoy a cell?

RE.JPG 57.4K

Comments

• personperson Where is my mind? 'Merica! Veteran

I suppose it depends on what kind of thing you could actually do that wouldn't recognize them as president.

P.S. Tyrion only qualifies as chief of staff. B)

33_3
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited September 2016

This is our only allowable future president to recognize

personkarastiWalkerajhayes
  • SpinyNormanSpinyNorman It's still all old bollocks Veteran

At least one of them is a space-alien from the Naff Nebulous. :p

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Veteran

You don't have to bow to, or support anyone. As long as you are following the laws, you won't get arrested for not supporting or liking or speaking out against the president. You can write him/her off all you'd like, as long as you aren't threatening them or something.

RuddyDuck9
  • RuddyDuck9RuddyDuck9 MD, USA Veteran

peaceful protest is the key, as long as you're not doing so prior to an american football match

33_3
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited September 2016

Elizabeth Warren just raked the head of Wells Fargo Bank over the coals in Congress, today, telling him he should be prosecuted for directing tens of thousands of employees to cheat customers, then firing the employees for following his instructions, while absconding with millions of $$ of profit.

I can't wait until she runs for President!

Kerome
  • Steve_BSteve_B Far southwest corner of Indiana, USA Veteran

@33_3 said:
    Curious, if I do not recognize anyone as a U.S leader can I enjoy a cell?

Why do you ask?

• KeromeKerome Did I fall in the forest? Europe Veteran

@Dakini said:
    Elizabeth Warren just raked the head of Wells Fargo Bank over the coals in Congress, today, telling him he should be prosecuted for directing tens of thousands of employees to cheat customers, then firing the employees for following his instructions, while absconding with millions of $$ of profit.

I can't wait until she runs for President!

I'm a great fan of more personal responsibility for decision makers, to the point that they should go to jail for promoting illegal behaviour and be personally liable for certain decisions such as fraudulently manipulating the system.

• I flipped Bush the middle finger from the curb not ten feet away from his limo as he made eye contact with me (there was no one else around the area, and I know he saw me) as he pulled into Virginia Tech to attend the memorial service for the shooting victims in 2007.

• Steve_BSteve_B Far southwest corner of Indiana, USA Veteran

@Aybecede said:
    I flipped Bush the middle finger from the curb not ten feet away from his limo as he made eye contact with me (there was no one else around the area, and I know he saw me) as he pulled into Virginia Tech to attend the memorial service for the shooting victims in 2007.

Well then you're in the right place. Buddhism has much to offer you. Welcome.

lobster
  • ^^. Mudra training begins ...

• In USA, no, as long as the POTUS isn't Das Trump.

No, you can not be arrested for not bowing to the POTUS.
    But it would be a huge crime to fail to acknowledge the person in your mirror each morning.

Peace to all

• federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Somewhere in the UK, Central-Southern.... Moderator

Touching the British Monarch unbidden or unprovoked, is apparently an Assault on the Crown and punishable by long-term imprisonment. The Prime Minister of Australia broke protocol by resting his hand on her Majesty's back. He is still at liberty. Common sense governs proper reaction...

lobster