Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Happy Feet!!

BrigidBrigid Veteran
edited June 2007 in Arts & Writings
Very fun movie, perfect for kids but adults will laugh too. I especially loved the voices of baby Mumble and baby Gloria, unbelievably adorable!! It's a feel good movie with a message that comes across with just the right balance of fantasy and reality. There are a few messages actually, and they're all the right ones. Great soundtrack!!! The music's worth the price of the DVD alone. Rent or buy it if you want to see something with humour, heart and courage.

I give it four out of five stars.

P.S. Look for Steve Irwin playing a seal!

Comments

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Hey, Brigid! Anything with Will Smith HAS TO be good. Haven't seen it yet.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Dancing penguins - barf!!!

Palzang
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Palzang wrote:

Palzang

You're in a nice mood today, dear heart!
  • edited April 2007
    we got it they day it came out for our kids. I think I liked it more than they did!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2007
    Palzang wrote:

Palzang
    OMG! LMAO!! You're hilarious, Palzang!
  • edited April 2007
    Hi Brigid! :)

I have to disagree with you that this movie is good for kids. My husband took my daughter to see it and he said there were way too many sexual references in the movie. He said that our daughter was hardly interested in the movie at all, in fact.

But then again, we are sort of particular about what our daughter watches, so maybe it's just us!
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Palzang wrote:

Palzang

Wait, are you saying that dancing penguins make you barf, or that there's something in the constitution of penguins that make them barf when they dance? If the latter, that would make for an interesting documentary.

:scratch:

_/\_
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Exactly.

Palzang
    edited May 2007
    Palzang wrote:
    Exactly.

Palzang

thanks for clearing that up!

_/\_
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Always happy to clarify! :wtf:

Palzang
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Brigid wrote:
    Very fun movie, perfect for kids but adults will laugh too. I especially loved the voices of baby Mumble and baby Gloria, unbelievably adorable!! It's a feel good movie with a message that comes across with just the right balance of fantasy and reality. There are a few messages actually, and they're all the right ones. Great soundtrack!!! The music's worth the price of the DVD alone. Rent or buy it if you want to see something with humour, heart and courage.

I give it four out of five stars.

P.S. Look for Steve Irwin playing a seal!

Hi Boo.

yes you must see this movie-very interesting (sometimes subtle) messages are contained within. Clever plot line "Thinking for yourself" message.

don't often say this, but that movie was great!:cheer:
  • SabineSabine Veteran
    edited June 2007
    it looks like hollywood's going penguin-crazy! anyone heard of this new movie, Surf's Up? it's pretty much the same thing, except - yep, you guessed right - it's about a SURFING penguin. amazing.

haha. but it seems like a fun movie to see with my neices (5 & 7 years old) when they come to visit or something. i guess it's good to retain your child-like side :D
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Just think: our grandchildren, should they survive, may wonder at these, by then almost mythic creatures as we wonder at the dodo and the great auk.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2007
    Sabine,

Surf's Up is getting great reviews. They're saying it's fun for kids and adults so you should have a great time if your bring your nieces.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    I took a friend's kid to see it (he's 7), and it was pretty good. Sort of like Woody Allen does penguins.

Palzang
  • edited June 2007
    We saw Surf's Up and it was cute. But are my husband and I the only people that get frustrated with some of the unecessary "hidden" jokes for adults? I am truly surprised by some of the things that are said in kids movies, just to make the adults laugh! I don't go to a kids movie for ME! I go for my daughter. Does that bother anyone else?
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited June 2007
    I saw both Surf's Up and Shrek 3 and was disturbed by the drug references in both movies, the stoned chicken in Surf's Up and the scene in Shrek 3 where some stoned teens come tumbling out of a smoke-filled enclosure. I thought both were highly inappropriate for a movie that appeals to young kids. This isn't put in there for humor, and I think most of the kids, young as they are, got what was going on. Apparently it's such a commonplace thing now that nobody notices anymore?

Palzang
  • edited June 2007
    Well, heck, I notice it and I don't like it! :)
    edited June 2007
    Sort of like Woody Allen does penguins.

Palzang

That sounds kinda bad dear monk-friend.

lol

_/\_
    edited June 2007
    *pulls mind out of gutter and rinses it off*

_/\_
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran