Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Follow Michelle, Bhikkhuni postulant, as she video journals her "Path to Peace"

For those who followed my journey these past years, I wanted to bring to your attention a more important journey, a lady named Michelle from Australia whom I've come to be friends with in these past few months, started doing videos about her journey in the same vain as myself just recently.

The growth and flourishing of the Bhikkhuni Sangha is very important to the long time health of Buddhism, and it is important that women contemplating this step have the ability to gain a little insight as to what it might be like following this path.

So I highly encourage everyone interested, women or men, to subscribe and follow Michelle's journey. I have been amazed at how my little video channel has reached people, hers has the potential to help future generations of ladies who fight for a voice of equality among the monastic sangha.

BunksCinorjerKundolobsterDairyLamaKindhumanbeing

Comments

• @Jayantha said:
    help future generations of ladies who fight

Hmm...

Kindhumanbeing
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@upekka said:

@Jayantha said:

Hmm...

What's your point @upekka?

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited November 2016

Oh gosh I thought @upekka was questioning the innately condescending term 'ladies'. Maybe it is fiesty women nuns he is hmming to?

Go Tara!
    om tare tuttare ture soha

• 'Having abandoned home,
    living free from society,
    the sage
    in villages
    creates no intimacies.
    Rid of sensual passions, free
    from yearning,
    he wouldn't engage with people
    in quarrelsome debate.'

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/sn/sn22/sn22.003.than.html

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited November 2016

Well said @upekka

... and now back to the Noble Lady Silence ...
    Go Michelle, thanks for being inspired, sharing and documenting.

Here is a dance interlude for whilst it is still allowable ...

:)

KindhumanbeingKundofederica
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    edited November 2016

@upekka said:

@Jayantha said:

Hmm...

if you are having trouble with semantics then I'd ask that you not take my own words, that I fully take credit for writing(they are not her words) as a judgment on Michelle and her journey.

BunksKundoKindhumanbeingTigger
  • I infer he was hmming about the word "fight" in the sentence, but he hasn't said, just hmmed.

upekka
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Agreed, it's speculation, but if he DOES believe 'fight' to be an unfortunate term, he clearly has little idea of the struggle, opposition and indeed, oppression would-be Bhikkunis have had to endure....

upekkalobsterKundo
  • @Steve_B said:
    I infer he was hmming about the word "fight" in the sentence,

u r corect

@federica said:
    Agreed, it's speculation, but if he DOES believe 'fight' to be an unfortunate term, he clearly has little idea of the struggle, opposition and indeed, oppression would-be Bhikkunis have had to endure....

"'i'm 63 yrs old" means i know a bit of/ not lot of worldly affairs

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

As a woman of 60 - I do.

upekka
  • <3 More fun!

Bunks
  • KindhumanbeingKindhumanbeing Winston-Salem, NC Explorer

It's wonderful a woman is allowed to be a Bhikkuni :) / I don't like being referred to as a lady which is an archaic condescending term which relegates all women to play our gender role at all times as opposed to claiming & living our power

silver

I'm a Lady, and always have been. It's the way I was brought up to be, and am proud of the fact.

Many here will tell you I am also a staunch feminist. A fact of which I am proud, so much so, that I have been known to beat ardent misogynists to a messy pulp with my oh-so-dainty pink fluffy slipper.
    The two are not mutually exclusive... ;)

BunkssilverKundo
  • @federica said:

Indeed. B)

As far as I am concerned nuns are monks and monks wear saris and should be treated as if they are 'Lady Sangha of Buddha'. Everything is about attitude. Nuns are not second rate monks. Lay people are not second rate Buddhists etc.

Everything is about developing the right mind set that liberates ...

Zenshin