Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Passing Of Leonard Cohen

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited November 2016 in General Banter

He had a good run 82 ....as well as a great singer song writer, he was a practising Buddhist...

"Closing Time"

Safe journey Leonard "The Bardo"

Walkerlobster

Comments

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited November 2016

He is gone but the music will live forever, rest in peace

dance me to the end of love la la la...

Shoshin
  • I remember on a retreat a friend had left her music player. It was an extended retreat, no internet, no TV, no music etc. I put on the headphones to hear a little noise. It was 'Dance me to the End of Love', Leonard Cohen. I went into a euphoric state. Which might surprise some ...

I was a fan after that ...
    Bravo Leonard Cohen. You did good. <3

ZenshinShoshinnakazcid
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

At least he'll be well prepared for the afterlife. I did enjoy his narration of the Tibetan Book of the Dead documentary, it was very peaceful.

Shoshin
  • ZenshinZenshin Veteran East Midlands UK Veteran

My GF is a big fan and introduced me to his music. I had the honour of seeing him perform live at the O2 arena in London, despite being in his seventies he was on stage for three hours and gave a tirless performance. Seeing him live was one of the best experiences of my life. A true poet.

Here's one of my favourite songs: First we take Manhattan. The song's protagonist's madness reminds me of my more schizophrenic moments.

lobsterShoshin
  • Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran
    edited November 2016

@Shoshin said:
    He had a good run 82 ....as well as a great singer song writer, he was a practising Buddhist...

"Closing Time"

Safe journey Leonard "The Bardo"

-Yup, he'll be missed...

"I heard there was a secret chord
    That David played and it pleased the Lord
    But you don't really care for music, do you?

Well, it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
    The minor fall and the major lift
    The baffled King composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah"

Shoshin