Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to remove bad life karma

smarinosmarino florida Explorer
edited November 2016 in General Banter

I was looking on another forum, and someone asked how you could go about removing the bad karma we accumulate in our lives. After extensive research (looking on google for 5 minutes) I actually came across a recipe to do just that! While I haven't tried it yet, it makes sense from a Cause and Effect Standpoint. Here's the recipe I found. Hopefully others here have some good tips for removing bad karma because I am interested in this from a personal stand point:

"Bad karma can be removed quite easily w/ a solution of 2 tbs baking soda, 8 oz of warm water and a squeeze of lemon juice. If you have any left over good karma, it can be placed in Tupperware containers and stored in the freezer for a long time. Whenever you need it, say after an election or something, just defrost it and sprinkle it on whatever is going down at the time. Don't microwave it! Just heat gently in a shallow pan of holy water mixed w/ sage. If you don't have any sage laying around, just add a pinch of Mrs Dash's salt substitute."

Reading further, it appears that you can also use this recipe (just double up on the water to baking soda ratio) for whitening up souls that have become dull and brown, but you have to scrub them for a real long time w/ a stiff brush, so it's a bit of a PITA, and souls can be difficult to find. If you do find one, let me know. I know some people who have been looking for quite a while. One guy in particular seems to be especially keen to get one, and says he will pay top dollar, but make sure you get your money up front. He can't be trusted.

CinorjerTiddlywindsSpinyNormanShoshinFosdick

Comments

  • @smarino said:
    "Bad karma can be removed quite easily w/ a solution of 2 tbs baking soda, 8 oz of warm water and a squeeze of lemon juice. If you have any left over good karma, it can be placed in Tupperware containers and stored in the freezer for a long time. Whenever you need it, say after an election or something, just defrost it and sprinkle it on whatever is going down at the time. Don't microwave it! Just heat gently in a shallow pan of holy water mixed w/ sage. If you don't have any sage laying around, just add a pinch of Mrs Dash's salt substitute."

    Oh, I live in a city where pretty much everyone is dull (not sure what brown means in this context though). It's a city where talking about the weather has been taken to a well-oiled artform. Exasperation and moaning are part of the daily repertoire and remaining stoic under all conditions of ordinary living are brought to a special level of grumble, often demonstrated as muttering under the breath and other fine examples of passive aggression.

    lobster
  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Somewhere in the UK, Central-Southern.... Moderator

    The city you live in carries a lot of bad Feng Shui due to too many sharp pointy bits on the tops of buildings. These generate Shah Chi, or Cutting energy....The cure is to buy a Mortar cannon, and knock 'em all off.

    Kaydeekay
  • @federica said:
    The city you live in carries a lot of bad Feng Shui due to too many sharp pointy bits on the tops of buildings. These generate Shah Chi, or Cutting energy....The cure is to buy a Mortar cannon, and knock 'em all off.

    I work in a department that could arrange just this - if only we could get it through Council approval.

  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Somewhere in the UK, Central-Southern.... Moderator

    It's not what you know, it's WHO you know.... >:)

  • KeromeKerome Did I fall in the forest? Europe Veteran

    @Tiddlywinds said:

    @smarino said:
    "Bad karma can be removed quite easily w/ a solution of 2 tbs baking soda, 8 oz of warm water and a squeeze of lemon juice. If you have any left over good karma, it can be placed in Tupperware containers and stored in the freezer for a long time. Whenever you need it, say after an election or something, just defrost it and sprinkle it on whatever is going down at the time. Don't microwave it! Just heat gently in a shallow pan of holy water mixed w/ sage. If you don't have any sage laying around, just add a pinch of Mrs Dash's salt substitute."

    Oh, I live in a city where pretty much everyone is dull (not sure what brown means in this context though). It's a city where talking about the weather has been taken to a well-oiled artform. Exasperation and moaning are part of the daily repertoire and remaining stoic under all conditions of ordinary living are brought to a special level of grumble, often demonstrated as muttering under the breath and other fine examples of passive aggression.

    I have it on good authority that in Middle Eastern countries people expect you to talk at length about how difficult life is? Before for example a purchase at market a ten minute conversation is considered normal, and if you don't abide by the custom people think you rude and very strange.

  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

    How to remove bad life karma

    Well no luck with the magic .....Okay @smarino I'll give your recipe a try :wink:

    Bunksdhammachick
  • How to remove bad life karma

    On the whole it is time better spent to instigate positive karma. A totally fatalistic and accepting of death, duckha and donald j is a bit too advanced for most of us ...

    Life is bad karma. Tee Hee! :)

  • @lobster said:

    Life is bad karma.

    life is good and bad kamma-vipaka / good and bad effects of previous causes

    we can not change the previous causes

    but

    we can change what we are doing now (doing good now/ creating good causes now) to change future kamma-vipaka (future effects)

    past means upto the previous moment and future means from this moment onward

    so most valuable moment is NOW

    know what is good and what is bad and acting accordingly is our own responsibility

    future will looks after itself if we can change our attitude and act accordingly

    lobster
  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Somewhere in the UK, Central-Southern.... Moderator

    @upekka, it's a joke-thread.... don't be so serious all the time!

  • ^^. It's his karma! The point is good though, previous actions and activities, some from our parents and circumstances have an effect.

    No karma from previously residing in an animal body, human body, rock, heaven, hell or Santa Sutra Clauses dream sack in my sutta defying understanding. Past life ignorant Hindu superstition with a Buddhist twist of karmic ignorance - no thank you ... o:)

    They do not get carried away by superstition; they believe in deeds, aspiring to results from their own deeds through their own effort in a rational way; they are not excited by wildly rumored superstition, talismans or lucky charms; they do not aspire to results from praying for miracles. ~ Buddha (Anguttara Nikaya III, 206)
    http://www.alanpeto.com/buddhism/buddhist-superstition/

  • upekkaupekka Veteran
    edited November 2016

    @federica said:
    @upekka, it's a joke-thread.... don't be so serious all the time!

    can't help @federica, it seems most of the time (not always) in everything i see dhamma, it seems, it is becoming a habbit

    if i spoil the fun just forgive this 'old fart bag'

    wish U all a good meditation!!!,

    lobster
  • @upekka, I looked for a recipe for good karma for you but alas, there was only good karma schawarma (with chicken) so I don't think it's quite such good karma after all.

    http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/good-karma-schawarma.html

    upekka
  • @Tiddlywinds said:
    @upekka, I looked for a recipe for good karma for you but alas, there was only good karma schawarma (with chicken) so I don't think it's quite such good karma after all.

    http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/recipes/good-karma-schawarma.html

    seems U and I are 'sometimes' come on the same page

    <3

Sign In or Register to comment.