Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Secret Meditations

smarinosmarino florida Explorer
edited December 2016 in General Banter

This looks so cool. I am thinking of becoming a member and combining that w/ some real estate flipping CD's, oops, I mean property investing, to clear up a temporary financial shortfall. Maybe I wasted all those years w/ Zen when I could have been Happy & Relaxed. Story of my life, always the last to know about this stuff.

Comments

• @smarino the ideas are so top secret - meditate daily - pretty controversial stuff!

lobster
  • smarinosmarino florida Explorer
    edited December 2016

I did that. No money, no success, no happiness, no nuthin. But Now, I have This Video!

silverlobsterShoshin
  • This 'law of attraction' concept is amusing to some, but can rapidly lead to depression and mistrust for people who are desperate and have little to cling to, especially when they have high expectations of attracting or materialising £1000000 in the next year! I have met such people.

How do you you break through delusion? The way is distorted by ignorant and (sadly) less than ignorant people. It is sometimes very hard to accept that the middle way is not that which is sometimes expected; and that can be hard to accept.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

When the 'Law of Attraction' (preceded, I believe, by 'The Secret') first came out, it caused a furore. So the Universe was going to give you everything you ever wanted and dreamed of, providing you positively affirmed your desires and were nice to everyone you met....

"Well how's that workin' for ya?" As Dr Phil might enquire....

A short while ago I posted a quotation by Jim Carrey which went,
    "I would love everyone to have all the fame, money and success they wish for, to realise that they aren't the answer."

I was fortunate to have arrived at a stage in my practice where I was not drawn in and bamboozled by such outrageous and unrealistic claims, but confess that had they caught me a few years earlier, I might well have fallen for them hook line and sinker....

lobster
  • Hooray my dharma prayers and mantras have been answered. My Swiss bank account is ready for business o:)

Zenshin