Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

cesspool

early morning meditation it occurs that our inside is a cesspool/full of dirt (physically and mentally)
always something comes out to make the world smelly or dirty

what do you say?

Buddhadragonkarasti

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Be the clean?

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

What we project we attract, and we project into the world what we carry inside.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

@upekka said:
    early morning meditation it occurs that our inside is a cesspool/full of dirt (physically and mentally)

what do you say?

I'd say the latter is something we can do something about in our practice. Well, actually we can take a bath or shower to deal with the physical dirt and practice to clean ourselves mentally.

Buddhadragon
  • namarupanamarupa Veteran
    edited December 2016

Where there is light, there is darkness. Peace is in unity.

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2016

@upekka said:

what do you say?

Typical Hinayanist beloved Theravadin practitioner.
    I say, so what?

No shit, no roses.
    No mud, no lotus - as @grackle mentions.

Without a human body and mind, no enlightenment - and don't you forget it, you peace of shit! o:) I mean that in a Mahayana-wrathful-loving way of course ... [be in the naughty corner with my cesspool mind/body/speech if anyone needs me ...] :3
    http://32parts.com

upekkakarasti
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Are you saying I'm full of shit? :awesome:

Cause I know that lol
    _ /\ _

lobsterBuddhadragonkarasti
  • @lobster said:

@upekka said:

what do you say?

Typical Hinayanist beloved Theravadin practitioner.
    I say, so what?

No shit, no roses.
    No mud, no lotus - as @grackle mentions.

Without a human body and mind, no enlightenment - and don't you forget it, you peace of shit! o:) I mean that in a Mahayana-wrathful-loving way of course ... [be in the naughty corner with my cesspool mind/body if anyone needs me ...] :3

it is nice to see everyone knows how shity they are and knows that shit/mud would help to get beautiful roses and lotus

no shit, no roses
    no mud, no lotus

it rhymes beautifully

lobsterBuddhadragonkarasti
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@upekka said:

what do you say?

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited December 2016

I want to push this a little further ...
    In Abrahamic mysticism (Judaism, Christainity, Islam) there is considered a perfection or flawless nature in both mud and lotus. In other words, the interdependence of the very positive, good, beautiful etc with Allahs hell.

Ay caramba. It is a hard to fathom teaching.
    http://www.peaceonthestreet.com

Kundo
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

Reminds me of SSDD, "Same Shit, Different Day" :p

upekka
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

A phrase once came to me in meditation, "poepen en plassen is zijn plezier" meaning to poop and to piss is his pleasure. It struck me as one of those truths... a good shit or a pee when you've been holding it up for a while are among the great pleasures of life.

It is easy to become obsessed with clean, to view clean exclusively as good. While dirt is merely one phase of the continuous transformation of all things on this Earth. What is now your shit was yesterday a healthy, delicious meal. Tomorrow it may be compost on the fields, and in a month it could be grass again.

Without the shit in your bowels food would not be nourishing you today, it is part of the complete functioning body. Similarly with the arising of thoughts, part of the complete, functioning mind in its pre-enlightened state.

Food for thought :p

lobsterBuddhadragonKundo

Today's garbage is tomorrow's manure to grow a garden.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

I once read a book entirely about human waste, what it did in the past, what it is now, how we treat it and what we should do differently. It was odd, but very interesting. LOL. Of course, too much shit will kill what it is meant to nourish as well. Our dog craps in the same place in the yard all winter, and when the green grass grows in the spring, that spot is dead for many weeks before it starts to grow grass again. But spread out appropriately, it is the lushest grass in the yard. Always middle way. Too much of a good thing in one spot might kill your roses. Spread it out, and you get more roses. I'm not sure what that really means :lol: Don't let your shit pile up, I guess.

Jeroen
  • spreading shit of shit

aha, what a feeling!