Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I achieved first jhana today

2»

Comments

• upekkaupekka Veteran

@JaySon said:
    Metta meditation takes me closer to realizing emptiness than Vipassana does.

But maybe that's just me.

would like to know your progress @JaySon
    that would be an inspiration to us too
    thanks

• CedarTreeCedarTree Private Island Explorer

Hopefully second Jhana or even the immaterial Jhanas! I practice more a "Simply sitting" style that is known at Antaiji or Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery but before I was also someone from the Ajahn Chah and Ajahn Brahm camp and still in ways are.

One of the really neat things of Jhana is that the first Jhana can be very light or very very intense like Leigh talks about in the differences in build up before letting your mind go into the absorption state.

• upekkaupekka Veteran

@CedarTree said:
    Hopefully second Jhana or even the immaterial Jhanas! I practice more a "Simply sitting" style that is known at Antaiji or Gyobutsuji Zen Monastery but before I was also someone from the Ajahn Chah and Ajahn Brahm camp and still in ways are.

One of the really neat things of Jhana is that the first Jhana can be very light or very very intense like Leigh talks about in the differences in build up before letting your mind go into the absorption state.

have you ever experienced 4th jhana?
    if so, have you ever able to notice how the body responses at such absorption?