Welcome home! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations
must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in?
Try clearing your browser's cookies.
Been doing a little meditation on the 32 parts of the body......
Some fun facts:
- Hair - Every 2 to 5 years there is the replacement of all head hair
- Body hair - Every 3 to 5 months our eyebrows are entirely new
- Nails - A fingernail or toenail takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip
- Teeth - Every individual has two complete sets of teeth during the life cycle - 20 primary then 32 permanent
- Skin - Humans shed about 6kgs (15 lbs) of skin a year
- Bones - Almost every seven years, the body replaces the equivalent of an entirely new skeleton
- Kidneys - About 1,500 kgs (400 gallons) of blood flow through the kidneys in one day
- Heart - The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet
- Lungs - Humans breathe on average about 700 million times in a lifetime
- Stomach - For the average person, it takes eight seconds for food to travel down the esophagus, three to five hours in the small intestine, and three to four days in the large intestine before being excreted out
- Blood - Every inch of human skin consists of 20 feet of blood vessels.
Ha! And you thought we were permanent!!