Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Vow

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hi @JaySon - how is your vow to stop watching or reading about politics going? I am curious.

NOTE - can members please refrain from turning this into a political thread! Thanks.....

ShoshinKundoTigger

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Good luck with that @Bunks ...@JaySon hasn't been around for a day or two...It would seem that his "vow" thread went down the path that he was vowing to refrain from...even though the title of his thread clearly stated his intentions... I wish him well and if he happens to post on this thread perhaps he would like to explore what Alan Watts had to say re; "Desire" it may provide some insight into the motive behind his vow and how to find a Middle way ... :)

lobsterKundo
  • TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran
    edited February 2017

Yes, how is that going @JaySon, I have noticed your absence these last few days. I hope all is going well. I miss your posts and advice.

silverBunksShoshin
  • Truth, the only way to avoid political "news" is to shut down the tv, internet and radio and stop reading newspapers...in short, live in a cave in the wilderness away from all human contact.
    While undoubtedly effective, at least for a while, it is somewhat lacking in practicallity.

It's back to the Middle Way, as always.

Peace to all

I don't think @JaySon meant it as literally as some people are taking it.

I have also stopped watching the news and going on CNN to read the news and yet I catch an update here and there. I think JaySon really meant that he will not allow it to take so much of his time/day and so much of his mind.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Given that he is notable by his absence, we actually don't know what the hell he meant... O.o

very true