Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Awesome

KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

My daughter and girls from her class (Year 10) are spending the day here - http://www.sunnataram.org/ - at Sunnataram Monastery (Thai Forest Tradition) today as part of their Thai cultural immersion.

I am so pleased with this. I have been briefly to this monastery many years ago and loved it. I know my daughter will enjoy it and I can't wait to hear about it when she gets home.
_ /\ _

BunksFosdickTiggerRenaHWill_BakerShoshinZerolobsterkarastiNirvanaHozan

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Just looking at the photos is blissful.....one day only? I'd want to stay for ever! :)

Kundo
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

She loved it. One of her favorite things was to offer food too the monks in residence. I'd love to go and do a retreat there.

Bunkslobster
  • TiggerTigger Toronto, Canada Veteran

That sounds amazing @dhammachick, she must have had fun!

I just found out about a 10 day retreat by Barrie, Ontario which is about a 40 minute drive from where I am and they focus a lot of meditation which is great because I have been lacking in that area. Also, I heard you don't speak for most of the retreat - can't wait!

lobsterKundo
  • Will_BakerWill_Baker Vermont Veteran

That's wonderful...

Kundo
  • @dhammachick said:
    She loved it. One of her favorite things was to offer food too the monks in residence. I'd love to go and do a retreat there.

Do what you love. <3 Top tip.

Feeding monks is one of my fondest memories. The monks seemed very calm and wise to my early efforts and one of the noviciates shouted out for me to stay, only to be shhhhh'ed by the more senior sangha. At the time the nuns were kept in hiding.
    We need to go on holydays more than holidays. Mostly we need breaks from our customary realms ...

A monk asked Zhaozhou to teach him.
    Zhaozhou asked, "Have you eaten your meal?"
    The monk replied, "Yes, I have."
    "Then go wash your bowl", said Zhaozhou.
    At that moment, the monk was enlightened.

Yum!
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gateless_Gate