Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

a Buddhist munchie?

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
edited April 2017 in General Banter

Bill Nighy gave a recent interview [https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/apr/12/bill-nighy-im-not-in-any-trouble-everybody-can-relax... sorry, link thingie doesn't work] to The Guardian.
The article wrapped up with a bit of tongue-in-cheek straightforwardness that seems to be part of the British actor's persona.

"At some point, you just start to think: ‘I can’t live like this any more, this is ridiculous. When do I get to the bit where I realise apparently I’m OK?’ There comes a point where you get too long in the tooth to swallow your own bullshit. That’s my deep philosophical remark for the day.”

FosdickKundo

Comments

• DakiniDakini Veteran

I don't understand the topic, OP. Could you elaborate? That quote makes no sense to me.

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

If you read the article (I just googled it since the link didn't work, used "Bill Nighy I'm in trouble" as the search) it makes more sense. He talks in the article about his work and what he thinks of it, and death.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Sorry about the link.
    @dakini -- I think that after enough practice, things tend to boil down to a few or perhaps just one pivotal statement (Try "I love you," for example) There's no more room for fancy stuff, religious or otherwise. No more thousands of years of ritual and solemnity ... just one question or statement and the determination to answer it. In Nighy's case, "you're OK."

If this doesn't make sense, find something that does. :)

lobsterFosdickkarastiHozan