Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Fasting

2»

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Fosdick said:
    I am a type 1 diabetic, which makes fasting for more than 12 -14 hours a bit of a challenge. I am wondering if anyone on the forum is in a similar situation and has managed a fast of 24 hours or more successfully. If so, how the heck did you do it?

This may help:
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/lchf-for-type-1-diabetes/

And this discussion, though long, may well be worth reading for you, just for extra links and much info.

It's long, but hopefully, worth it....

http://www.tudiabetes.org/forum/t/intermittent-fasting-with-type-1-safety-and-muscle-build-concerns/57616/14

Fosdick
  • HozanHozan Veteran

Just passed the 24 hour mark. All good! Time for bed! ?

Shoshin
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

@Hozan said:
    19 hours out of 60 done. A little bit hungry but absolutely fine

Keep going, big bear!
    ???

HozanShoshin

@Fosdick said:
    I am a type 1 diabetic, which makes fasting for more than 12 -14 hours a bit of a challenge. I am wondering if anyone on the forum is in a similar situation and has managed a fast of 24 hours or more successfully. If so, how the heck did you do it?

I found this forum of people with type 1 diabetes who have tried the 5:2 Intermittent Fasting, @Fosdick.
    http://forum.fastday.com/medical-conditions-f30/topic1246.html

HozanFosdick
  • HozanHozan Veteran

@DhammaDragon said:

@Hozan said:
    19 hours out of 60 done. A little bit hungry but absolutely fine

Keep going, big bear!
    ???

Thank you for the support! Much appreciated!!
    ???

Buddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited June 2017

Update on fasting. Almost 36 hours in and something strange happened this morning. I woke up feeling absolutely great and with NO hunger. I was just cooking my son a really tasty breakfast and NO temptation to eat at all. Maybe I will hit a wall today but so far I feel absolutely great.
    I think my body was very ready for a detox!!

lobsterKundo
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Tee Hee.
    The longest (water only) fast I have done is five days.
    Clarity of mind and no desire to eat is fun. When you start eating again, food could well taste ... most excellent. B)

Free your mind
    Morpheus in the Matrix

Hozan
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited June 2017

45 hours. A little hungry but all good!!
    Liquid only fast. Water, green tea, had a coffee today (black). Having dioralyte powder in water once a day to keep electrolytes balanced.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I make my own: 2 litre bottle of spring water, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, juice of half, to one lemon, according to your taste. Drink a glassful when needed, store in the fridge.

Hozan

@federica said:
    I make my own: 2 litre bottle of spring water, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, juice of half, to one lemon, according to your taste. Drink a glassful when needed, store in the fridge.

Isn't that too much sugar, Fede?
    I sort of abhorr sugar???

Not in a 2-litre bottle. And it's not about 'too much or too little', @DhammaDragon, it's about proportions. That is the correct mix for an effective electrolyte mix. It's what is needed to provide the correct mineral balance required by the human body.

Just as a correct isotonic saline solution for bathing sensitive parts of the body (for red eyes, or for use in a neti pot) is essential (9 grams of non-iodised table salt to 1 litre of water) so the electrolyte proportions I have given, are correct..... :)

• HozanHozan Veteran

I took the easy/lazy route to solve my electrolytes issue.....