Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

NewBuddhist Downtime

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited July 2007 in NewBuddhist.com
The site will be going down in about 5-7 hours for probably no more than an hour. That is to say, at 22:00 EST or thereabouts, qw will take the site down to move it to:

Bigger, Better, Faster, More

(e.g. a different server)

If you have trouble accessing the site, you may have to wait up to 24 hours since DNS propogation is the responsibility of your local internet provider. I say this for the benefit of our many non-american visitors. Americans should see the changes almost immediately, but if you happen to be in - say, Australia or Hong Kong, it may take some time for your local DNS servers to get updated with the new address info.

Be patient and you shall be rewarded ;)

Thanks!

-Brian & Matt

Comments

• XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2007
    mmmmmm NOW he tells me!

cheers mate-no worries.
  • edited May 2007
    Awesome Brian, looking forward to see what you've come up with!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2007
    There we go. The site has been moved :)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited May 2007
    ...right into my clutches :rarr:
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2007
    I like the new blueness! maybe the forum needs a similar "makeover"

cheers
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Ooohh! It's beautiful! I LOVE the colours! That darkish, gray/blue colour? It's my new favourite and as soon as I have a new room that's the colour I'm going to paint it. Maybe just a shade darker. Love it. Very tech colour.

Xray,

It's so nice to open a thread and see some posts in it from you. I'm glad you've been around lately.
    edited May 2007
    The current design is just the default that comes with the software... I was planning on customizing it. :)
  • edited May 2007
    Brian mentioned something "new"... are there new features coming?
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Brigid wrote:
    Ooohh! It's beautiful! I LOVE the colours! That darkish, gray/blue colour? It's my new favourite and as soon as I have a new room that's the colour I'm going to paint it. Maybe just a shade darker. Love it. Very tech colour.

Xray,

It's so nice to open a thread and see some posts in it from you. I'm glad you've been around lately.

hi brigid,

I love blue.

The blue I like a great deal (but not love) is the "sky" behind Truman. I like it on so many levels. even though it's all a fake.

my favourite is Lapis lazuli-only a tru blue lover knows that colour.

P.S. our house internally is very light blue-(blue wish it's called) when the painters came in to paint our house after it was built they said I have never seen a blue-internally painted house, but after seeing this I want to do mine the same colour-it's beautiful.!

cheers.:rockon:
    edited May 2007
    Brian mentioned something "new"... are there new features coming?
    Do you have any suggestions?

My plan thus far was simply creating a new, custom skin for the blog-style front page we have.
  • edited May 2007
    nah, wish I had some ideas. How big is this new server? If it's big enough maybe one idea would be to add more options to the users home page, maybe adding more info about themselves, etc... ohhhh I dunno...
    edited May 2007
    nah, wish I had some ideas. How big is this new server? If it's big enough maybe one idea would be to add more options to the users home page, maybe adding more info about themselves, etc... ohhhh I dunno...
    The server is outstanding. NewBuddhist doesn't consume a significant portion of its resources. :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Customize away, Matt! I think it's all good!

Xray,

You know the psychology of colours? Light blue (and green) being very calming and the yellows, oranges and reds stimulating? When I was in school as a child the front of every classroom was painted pale yellow and the back wall, which faced the teachers, was pale blue.
    I bet your home is beautiful! I was just admiring Lynette's house on Desperate Housewives a few weeks ago. The interior is painted the most gorgeous pale blues with bright white accents. So cool and calming! Good for those terrors she calls children...
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Oh, I forgot to say I know the lapis blue you mean. A long time ago my older sister won a real lapis lazuli necklace and it was totally perfect for her 'cuz she has red hair. You're right, it's got to be the most gorgeous of all the blues.
  • edited May 2007
    Brigid wrote:
    Oh, I forgot to say I know the lapis blue you mean. A long time ago my older sister won a real lapis lazuli necklace and it was totally perfect for her 'cuz she has red hair. You're right, it's got to be the most gorgeous of all the blues.

I was at the Tuscan Gem show several years ago, and found a huge lapis marble, which was my constant companion for many moons. It got lost in a move about ten years ago, and I still mourn.
  • edited May 2007
    I think bad karma is catching up with ya, he he heh

Paladin
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Paladin wrote:
    I think bad karma is catching up with ya, he he heh

Paladin

Or, perhaps, it is a blessing arising from karma, assisting the abandonment of clinging
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2007
    I was at the Tuscan Gem show several years ago, and found a huge lapis marble, which was my constant companion for many moons. It got lost in a move about ten years ago, and I still mourn.
    Oooh! A lapis marble! I love marbles and a lapis one must have been gorgeous. It must have felt good in the hand. I'm truly sorry for your loss. Oh well, never mind. Worse things happen at sea. (My favourite phrase from my year in the U.K.)

I just want to add that this new server is wicked fast!!! I'm just ripping through here today!! AWESOME!! Thanks for the upgrade, guys!!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2007
    Yeah the server is a major improvement, no doubt. I've been noticing it as well

I guess I didn't know how underpowered the other one was :eek:
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited May 2007
    matt wrote:
    Do you have any suggestions?

My plan thus far was simply creating a new, custom skin for the blog-style front page we have.

Hi there I have seen that on another forum I'm involved with (Askme helpdesk), there is the ability to see a "tree of threads and firstlines" do you know what the hell I'm on about?

anyway it helps to look and find many replies.
    edited May 2007
    Yes, I do know what you mean, but we can't do that here, unfortunately. That requires a different set of restrictions (like you can only post after picking which message you're replying to) which we don't have enabled on this board (or any other that I help run, for that matter). The tradeoff isn't worth it, really. :-/
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited May 2007
    ...different set of restrictions (like you can only post after picking which message you're replying to) which we don't have...
    YOU PEOPLE [from Sedona] have me baffled. I thought anything that was posted on this site or the way in which it is posted, or the intent of the person at the time of the post was quite beyond anyone's control.:lol:
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    Nirvana wrote:
    YOU PEOPLE [from Sedona] have me baffled. I thought anything that was posted on this site or the way in which it is posted, or the intent of the person at the time of the post was quite beyond anyone's control.:lol:

Hey, how did Sedona people get mixed up in this? I dint say nuttin!

Palzang :scratch:
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited May 2007
    You people from Sedona always act baffled when you're picked on.
    That's why.

(But we still love you very much.)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited May 2007
    What, me worry?

Pazangalangadingdong (my "Sedona" name)
    edited May 2007
    Nirvana wrote:
    I thought anything that was posted on this site or the way in which it is posted, or the intent of the person at the time of the post was quite beyond anyone's control.:lol:
    That's true, which is why it can't be done here. :) To use the feature in question, you would be required to select WHICH post in particular you were replying to before the little Quick Reply box would let you start typing. It's too annoying to bother with.
  • edited July 2007

Or, perhaps, it is a blessing arising from karma, assisting the abandonment of clinging

No clinging is not a problem, clinging to unwholesome thing is a problem. Meaning it is OK to seek enlightenment, not OK to continue the mundane life of confusion.

Paladin