Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Fake Dharma News

While mankind remains mere baggage in the world
It will be swept along, as in a boat, asleep.
What can they see in sleep?
What real merit or punishment can there be?

Bodhi Sanai
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanai

As the world reels and deals, we of a Buddhist inclination have smaller fry to fry ... in other words ourselves from raw recruit to cooked chef ...

To aid this digestion [burp] I have been looking for fake but useful news from the Mahayana upstarts, heretics and others from wherever I can find them:

And so, my fellow Buddhists: ask not what dharma can do for you—ask what you can do for dharma.”
pseudo-JFK (former boyfriend of Marilyn Monroe) o:)

A voice whispered to me last night: 'There is no such thing as a voice whispering in the night!'
Sanai

What is your fake but helpful news? ;)

karasti

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited August 2017

To aid in the development of tummo ...

It was a cold winter day, and a heavily dressed man noticed Nasrudin outside wearing very little clothing.
    "Mulla," the man said, "how is it that I am wearing all these clothes and still feel a little cold, while you are barely wearing anything, and seem unaffected by the weather?"
    "Well," replied Nasrudin, "I don't have any more clothes, so I can't afford to feel cold. But you have plenty of clothes, and thus have the liberty to feel cold."

lobster