Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Descendent of Shakyamuni Buddha

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

So it turns out there is a girl in my office called "Karuna Shakya" from Nepal - she is apparently descended from the Shakya family.

I have yet to be introduced to her but when I am I'll have to hold myself back from prostrating at her feet! ;)

lobsterdhammachickKeromeyagr

Comments

  • lobsterlobster Veteran

    The Grail legend ... Buddha style =)

    personBunksBodhiTzu
  • dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran

    That's so cool

  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

    As Buddhism proves, names never meant much.

  • KeromeKerome Did I fall in the forest? Europe Veteran

    It's still a cool name to have or come across though.

    dhammachick
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

    The Buddha was my dad. My mum is the dharma. Sangha are my siblings. ;)

  • dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran

    @lobster said:
    The Buddha was my dad. My mum is the dharma. Sangha are my siblings. ;)

    I'm the PITA younger sister 😉😉

    lobsteryagr
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

    @Kerome said:
    It's still a cool name to have or come across though.

    I thought so too...almost as Buddhist as Metta World Peace!

    elcra1go
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

    I thought pitta was a type of bread ... :o

    As in, 'Give us this day our Daily PITA' o:)

    We live and unlearn ... B)

    elcra1goBunksdhammachick
  • DavidDavid some guy The Hammer in Ontario, Canada, eh Veteran

    Neato!

  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

    @Bunks said:
    So it turns out there is a girl in my office called "Karuna Shakya" from Nepal - she is apparently descended from the Shakya family.

    I have yet to be introduced to her but when I am I'll have to hold myself back from prostrating at her feet! ;)

    It sounds like you're being moved by compassion @Bunks (pun intended) :winky:

    It would seem she's got a lot to live up to, this might well be why her parents gave her such a name...to keep her on track, so to speak...

    However, Karuna is from what I gather quite a complex term and not easily translated into English ( even though it is mostly translated as "compassion", but it goes beyond the mundane sense of the compassion that we have come to understand in everyday life)

  • dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran

    @lobster said:

    As in, 'Give us this day our Daily PITA' o:)

    Careful what you wish for........ 😝

    lobsterBunksyagr
Sign In or Register to comment.