Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@newbuddhist.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take up to 48 hours. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Married on Nov 11

LincLinc Community InstigatorDetroit Moderator

When @Brian and I started this site in 2004 while a college student in my home state of Pennsylvania, I hadn't yet even acknowledged I am gay. This past Saturday I was married to my boyfriend of more than five years, Aaron. The reading was from Obergefell v. Hodges which got a standing ovation from 150 of our friends and family here in Detroit. What a journey it's been. :chuffed:

karastilobstershadowleaverJeffreyVastmindShoshinHozanFosdickyagrDhammaDragonNirvanaDavidLionduckpersonWonderingSeekergenkakuTravellerLee82eleJasonNMADDPmisecmisc1

Comments

• karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Veteran

Wonderful news, congratulations to you both!

Jeffrey
  • <3 Wonderful indeed. Congratulations to you and Aaron. <3

Amor Vincit Omnia which I believe is a Latin mantra, meaning 'Love conquers All'

Hozan
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Cheers! :hurrah:

karasti
  • federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I honestly couldn't be happier for you - !

I don't know if you are aware of the significance of this day - 11th November - but here in the UK (and in Europe) it's Armistice Day. A day when all hostilities ended and World Peace reigned once more (albeit briefly).
    I can't think of a better celebration than yours.

33_3
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited November 16

Congratulations to yourself and Aaron, @Linc . Always great to hear good news! Wishing you both every health and happiness.

lobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Awesome news...

<3 Metta to both of you <3 <3

lobster
  • dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited November 16

@Linc said:
    When @Brian and I started this site in 2004 while a college student in my home state of Pennsylvania, I hadn't yet even acknowledged I am gay. This past Saturday I was married to my boyfriend of more than five years, Aaron. The reading was from Obergefell v. Hodges which got a standing ovation from 150 of our friends and family here in Detroit. What a journey it's been. :chuffed:

Much metta and Mazel Tov!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May you only know happiness <3

• yagryagr Veteran

Congratulations, much love to the happy couple.

karasti
  • DhammaDragonDhammaDragon Carpe Diem Recidivist Samsarist Veteran

Congratulations to the happy couple <3

karastiHozan
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Good for you @Linc! All the best to you and your new hubby.....

• NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `     ` `     ` Outa Range Fridays thru Sundays South Carolina, USA Veteran

Wonderful Bravery, I say!

Proud of you both.

• May you have a long and enriching union.
    Congratulations!

silver
  • TravellerTraveller East Midlands UK Veteran

Awesome @Linc, best wishes for you and your partner.

• Lee82Lee82 Veteran

Many congratulations @Linc

• federicafederica seeker of the clear blue sky Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

...Still waiting for the awesome photos, @Linc.... A treat and sight for sore eyes, when we're surrounded by so much bad news!

• misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran

Congrats.

Bunks
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `     ` `     ` Outa Range Fridays thru Sundays South Carolina, USA Veteran

@thewiseowl said:
    ...Still waiting for the awesome photos, @Linc.... A treat and sight for sore eyes, when we're surrounded by so much bad news and FAKE VIEWS!

So many phonies and belligerents in the world today. Refreshing to see unconventional displays of love and affection.

So proud of you!

Shoshin
  • ajhayesajhayes Northern Michigan Veteran

I'm very happy for you guys. May you have many, many years of happiness.

• ajhayesajhayes Northern Michigan Veteran

...And for goodness sake, take a honeymoon and enjoy it!

• LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit Moderator

@federica said:
    ...Still waiting for the awesome photos, @Linc....

Me too. I expect we'll be a ways into 2018 before the photographer finishes editing them all. :) There are a few kicking around Facebook, but I don't really wanna collect a bunch of random shots when I know the good ones will be along.

lobsterfederica
  • LincLinc Community Instigator Detroit Moderator

@ajhayes said:

We delayed that a bit until the dead of winter, but we are headed somewhere warm. :)

ajhayesfederica
  • dhammachickdhammachick crazy Aussie BUJU Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Linc said:

@ajhayes said:

We delayed that a bit until the dead of winter, but we are headed somewhere warm. :)

Australia's nice and warm at that time of year....... :D

ajhayes