Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

the wide, wide world of bullshit

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

With applications to the topic at hand, perhaps, comes this longish (but enjoyable) article from The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/23/from-inboxing-to-thought-showers-how-business-bullshit-took-over

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

OMG, that's a long and wordy read... I'll run it up the flagpole and get my ducks in a row 'cos' that's a game-changer....!

Bunks
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator

It's interesting that there was so much set up to the meat of the article, which was the final 3 paragraphs. I could have skipped the rest where my eyes glazed over and just read those :lol: But business management and corporate work life isn't my interest area, so there's that. My husband works in state government, and there is so much of it. So much time spent in meetings, talking, talking, talking and really saying and doing nothing. But I suppose it's job security!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The result of talking for hours is called 'Minutes'. Go figure....

Jeroen