Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhism and psychotherapy: advice not given review

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I was listening to this talk on Tricycle, and I thought perhaps people here might enjoy it. The link is here:

It’s basically about a Buddhist psychotherapist’s view on how these two subject areas meet - his name is Mark Epstein, he wrote a book about it. Which I think is an interesting perspective on western Buddhism, since it’s a meeting between the Eastern and Western sciences of mind.

Shoshinkarasti

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited January 2018

I have one of his books...Quite an interesting read :)
    "Thoughts Without A Thinker

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited January 2018

One could say that the 4NTs & 8FP are just that...a form of self psycho therapy ... curing a dis eased mind...and mediation practice is when one uses the mind to 'cure' the mind...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

There are a lot more Tricycle magazine interviews on SoundCloud, they seem to archive them there so it might be worth browsing.