Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

enlightenment

genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

Just noodling this morning:

There is no time for enlightenment.
I guess the best anyone can do is make time for it.

elizabetlilian

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Reminds of something one teacher said. In answering a student who asked how long should he meditate everyday?
    The teacher answered, "1hour"
    To which the student replied, "I'm too busy to meditate for an hour a day"
    The teacher then said, "Well in that case you should meditate for two hours"

• Tee Hee.

We can make time for practice, meditation, mindfulness. Enlightenment can take care of itself ...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Thus have I heard: We are all already there. It just takes a moment for us to remove the blinkers, ear-plugs and be amazed at how beautiful the morning is...

lobster
  • be amazed

Awe, gratitude and wakefulness.
    Iz plan. <3

As we may know, Buddha means awake (big clue there). In meditation we learn serene or calm wakefulness.
    Many things can wake us, kids, fear, pain, beauty, love, a loud noise etc.

So too to being awoken whilst dreaming we are alive (in the Buddha sense)

• Beginner mind
    • Attentive high awareness
    • Dukkha
    • The Art of Living
    • The Way of the Heart
    • A Teacher

etc.