Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Unfettered Mind

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

An interesting youtube clip..

Explaining "The Unfettered Mind" through Martial arts... Good practical tips for self defence...

I'm not into martial arts ....but I am into mental arts :) ... I found the book by Takuan Soho very helpful :)

lobsterBunksCarameltailperson

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

In my dabbling with the martial arts I too noticed many parallels between physical combat and personal interactions. Of course the difference being for most of our personal interactions we ideally are in cooperative, helping mode rather than defensive, combative mode.

Shoshin
  • It is a wonderful clip, with an excellent understanding of combat Tai Chi. Sticking hands practice by its nature develops flowing cooperative sensitivity and empathy. Many thanks for sharing @Shoshin ...

The dark side of combative interaction uses things like NLP to control thought itself ...
    https://ultraculture.org/blog/2014/01/16/nlp-10-ways-protect-mind-control/

It is why the nature, intent and motivation of a martial artist, teacher or guru is fundamental to their and our well being ...

Shoshin