Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can you believe in God

2»

Comments

• Can you believe in God

Certainly I can.
    My belief does not require existence. o:)

Here is how that works ... believe it or knot ...
    http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/24310/hallucination

• BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

I am on my umpteenth re-reading of the Dhammapada, and on the last chapter, "The Brahmana," verse 417 (Max Müller translation), we can read:

"Him I call a Brahmana who,
    after leaving all bondage to men,
    has risen above all bondage to the gods,
    and is free from all and every bondage"

Hozanlobster
  • @Buddhadragon said:
    I am on my umpteenth re-reading of the Dhammapada, and on the last chapter, "The Brahmana," verse 417 (Max Müller translation), we can read:

"Him I call a Brahmana who,
    after leaving all bondage to men,
    has risen above all bondage to the gods,
    and is free from all and every bondage"

Awesome quote @Buddhadragon ?

Buddhadragon
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

The OP has made a habit of joining the forum to post a question, but has rarely returned to continue constructive dialogue, or to process replies and carry the discussion further forward.

In these circumstances, I shall close the thread on the basis that, should he wish me to re-open it so that he may respond or share his thoughts, he just needs to drop me a PM.
    Until such a time, as usual, thanks to everyone for their contributions.

This discussion has been closed.