Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The music of Erik Satie

I was introduced to Erik Satie a year ago and it immediately became my favourite music ever. Very soothing. Enjoy.

lobsterShoshin

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

My mother likes this music very much, so I’m familiar with it. Very soothing as you say and very appropriate paintings of Paris to go with it.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yes my father used to play Satie a lot. His favourite was Rachmaninov.
    I can't listen to much of his music without shedding a tear...

• FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran

My mother used to play Satie (she had been a concert pianist before she retired .. in the 1930's, that you were pretty-much forced to be a housewife once you retired). She played Rachmaninoff too. But her favorites were Beethoven and Chopin. The music from her piano filled the house, and vibrated in our bones ... simply transporting.

lobster
  • Here is some bonus Silence ...

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I was introduced to Erik Satie a year ago and it immediately became my favourite music ever. Very soothing. Enjoy.

I guess this post is not really off track... :)

"Link"

"Decrease stress levels. Listening to a peace of music can trigger positive chemical reactions in the brain which help reduce stress and depression levels, studies suggest. Some also claim that the act of hearing music has as great an impact physiologically as having a massage"

I remember when my children were babies/young we use to play classical music ( mostly Baroque music) to them most evenings...

It's something to do with the beats per minutes...

lobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

"Music has charms to soothe a savage breast".

William Congreve, The Mourning Bride 1697.

• ColinAColinA Explorer

Thank you for sharing @mindatrisk . This is new to me. ?