Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The "Saw "Franchise

Although being a bit of a masochist myself, I don't typically like horror movies. "Halloween" and the heavy breathing of Michael Myers I watch for the laughs. But recently, I have become very engrossed in the "Saw" movie franchise.

I saw "Saw I" a while back ago and found it to be chilling and suspenseful. Unlike other horror movies with a predictable serial killer who has an obsession with killing teenagers for no reason, Saw is something completely different.

The killer, "Jigsaw", actually never directly kills his victims. In fact, he even states that he despises murderers. Ironically, he almost always makes them kill themselves in sadistic traps that involve some act of self-mutilation in order to survive. His victims are never random. In fact, they are often social deviants or people he believes to be "ungrateful" for living.

I don't imagine that many of you have seen it. I'm sure the idea even repulses you. But honestly, every time I watch one of the films (and about to see Saw IV), I feel a little more grateful to be alive.

Comments

• edited October 2007
    The Saw movies are great. They always leave you guessing until the final few minutes.
    I saw Saw 1,2, & 3 in the theater...I will definitely see Saw 4. :)

Michael Myers is AWESOME, by the way. I have one of the original Cemetery Gates collector's masks.
    It was a great movie for it's time. Most horror movies took the masked killer idea from Halloween and added meaningless crap to it.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2007
    I saw Saw see saw saw.

I liked the first one, I thought it was good.

I watched the second one and thought it was okay.

I haven't been able to watch any of the others because I get tired of franchising very quickly.

Right now I'm watching "Hot N Saucy Pizza Girls".

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2007
    Can I borrow it when you're done, bf?

And why would anyone need a reason to kill teenagers? Seems perfectly logical to me! :winkc:

Palzang
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited October 2007
    Done, Pally.

I also sent along "Back Door To The Future" (starring Michael J Phox and Ben Dover) too.

Hope you enjoy them.

-bf
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited October 2007
    I just aquiver in anticipation (now there's an image for you that'll scare you right out of samsara!).

Palzang
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited January 2008
    The Saw movies are crap but I keep watching them. The deaths are interesting.
  • edited January 2008
    Well, I very much disliked Saw IV. How unfortunate. :(