Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

AWAY FROM HER

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited February 2008 in Arts & Writings
Well, folks, we're down to the wire on the Oscars. Here's my pick for film editing, which won't win since it was not nominated: AWAY FROM HER. Never have I seen a movie flow with such grace. Julie Christie deserves an Oscar for her performance as well. Although AWAY FROM HER was also nominated for Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay), I believe that honor will go to ATONEMENT.

I'm sorry that ATONEMENT met with such disdain on this website, as I believe it was great art. But that art pales before that of AWAY FROM HER, one of the most poignant movies ever made.

ANYONE ELSE wanna talk about a movie in the running?

AWHH, Come on, you gerbils!

Comments

• jj5jj5 Medford Lakes, N.J. U.S.A. Veteran
    edited February 2008
    I liked Harry Potter
  • edited February 2008
    I'm still for "No Country For Old Men".....for everything.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2008
    I'm still for "No Country For Old Men".....for everything.

Well, Knight, I haven't quite gotten around to seeing that one yet, but if it's anything like Joel and Ethan Coen's FARGO or O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU, it's gotta be good. My DVR is set to record the entire evening.
  • edited February 2008
    Nirvana wrote: »
    Well, Knight, I haven't quite gotten around to seeing that one yet, but if it's anything like Joel and Ethan Coen's FARGO or O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU, it's gotta be good. My DVR is set to record the entire evening.

I'm ordering Fargo from my library this week. If it's anything like their latest movie, I should enjoy it. But I am very happy to see that Javier Bardem and No Country got Oscars. It's funny, there is absolutely no musical score to the entire movie. It's still awesome though!
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited February 2008
    I'm ordering Fargo from my library this week. If it's anything like their latest movie, I should enjoy it. But I am very happy to see that Javier Bardem and No Country got Oscars. It's funny, there is absolutely no musical score to the entire movie. It's still awesome though!

FARGO was a really good morality play and a very good movie. Having grown up in South Dakota, I am familiar with the way those Wegians talk. Still, I wish I had first seen the movie in a crowded theater in Sioux Falls or Minneapolis, for the sake of experiencing the audience's reactions to the movie. I had to settle for seeing it in Charlotte, and I probably irritated a few folks with my unexplained laughter.

I'll have to wait until Thursday and Friday to watch the Oscars.

May the Force Be Always With Thee, Sir Knight!

Nirvy