Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Moderation/Rules for NewBuddhist.Com

edited May 2008 in NewBuddhist.com
Hello NewBuddhists:
As a relative newbie to this site I was curious about what are the policies on the site and how it is moderated. There was a recent thread where a member made a comment that several members found offensive, and the thread ended up being closed (which I think was the right thing). Is there a thread someplace about what is and is not acceptable posting behavior?

Best,
Ben

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2008
    Hello:
    As a Moderator on this forum, I can tell you by and large that no, there is no definitive set of rules that govern Posting here.
    However, Buddhist forum or not, we expect everyone regardless to adhere to the 'conventional' and socially acceptable rules of interaction:
    Courtesy, respect, politeness and dignity.
    Everyone has a right to express their views, and everyone has a right to those views to begin with.
    It is essential that we all afford each other the space and compassion to say what we need to say....

However, if I, or the other moderators peceive anything which infringes these unofficial guidelines, or we feel perhaps (as was the case in a thread this morning) that a potential for distress or upset is possible, we will act accordingly.
    THis is, fortunately, very rare!!
    Incidentally, just to let you know, my own personal little trademark is that if I make a comment with my 'Moderator hat and coat' on, I will enclose it within two red asterisks...

*You have been warned!!* :D
  • edited May 2008
    Hi, Frederica,
    Thanks, that's helpful. Is there a list of moderators someplace?

Ben
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2008
    Brian, Matt, Elohim, and Myself. ;)